2024 Administrative Internship Program Opera Theatre of Saint Louis
Opera Theatre of Saint Louis is accepting applications for its Administrative Intern Program for the 2024 Festival Season, featuring The Barber of Seville, La bohème, Julius Caesar, and Galileo Galilei.
Opera Theatre is known as a center for training young professionals in all aspects of opera, including arts administration. OTSL’s Administrative Internship Program offers direct, on-the-job experience for those interested in careers in arts administration and management. Past interns have gone on to enjoy careers at Opera Theatre, the Metropolitan Opera, The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the St. Louis Art Museum, the American Repertory Theater, San Diego Symphony, and other arts organizations across the country.
Opera Theatre’s administrative internships offer hands-on experience collaborating to produce a world-class opera festival, as well as the opportunity to develop a wide variety of skills crucial in today’s arts and non-profit landscape. In addition to working on projects that are integral to the success of the Festival Season, interns are encouraged to learn from and about roles across the entire company, and are invited to attend additional lectures, recitals, rehearsals, and performances. The program also includes educational sessions specifically for the interns, designed to further the professional growth of the program participants.
Qualifications / Requirements
- If interested, applicants can and are encouraged to apply for more than one position!
- Applicants must be 18+ and authorized to work in the U.S. (some positions may have additional requirements as detailed)
- All internships are paid hourly at the rate of $15.00 an hour, and overtime at 1.5x for any hours over 40 per week.
- Dates and hours for each position vary, but most are from late April/early May – early July. Hours may include some nights and weekends (see individual position descriptions).
- Limited shared housing available.
- A basic familiarity with opera and classical music is a great help, however it is not required!
- Note: While the majority of our interns are college students or recent college graduates, this is not required. Any qualified applicants will be considered!