Should you experience difficulties utilizing or accessing the online application, please contact Steve Parks, DAP’s Director of Programs at email@example.com.
EXPLORE is a free career immersion program for greater-St. Louis area high school students of color which connects students to industry leaders in the region. Students will have the opportunity to:
• Learn about potential career paths
• Hear personal stories from professional mentors
• Develop essential career-building skills that will help you succeed
• Build relationships that can lead to future internships
• Understand why diversity and inclusion are important in the workplace
Students will spend 1-2 two-hour virtual sessions with a host business,
in which they might:
• Hear from company speakers
• Receive tips & practice time for interviewing, resume writing, and networking skills
• Talk with other students and industry professionals about their interests
• Break into small groups with a professional mentor
Upcoming program dates:
All sessions will run from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM.
Baseball with the St. Louis Cardinals: 11/19/2021 & 12/7/2021
Bioscience with MilliporeSigma: 2/11/2022 & 3/10/2022
Energy with Ameren: 04/04/2022 & 05/10/2022
Healthcare with Centene: 3/7/2022 & 4/12/2022
PAWSibilities with Nestle Purina PetCare: 3/2/2022 & 3/9/2022
Law with Husch Blackwell: 5/17/2022 & 5/19/2022
As high school students begin thinking about their careers, they are looking for jobs in places where they see opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds. The heart of the EXPLORE Career Immersion Program is to make St. Louis that place.
Wide racial disparities in high-demand career fields led Diversity Awareness Partnership and industry leaders in the St. Louis region to invest in EXPLORE Career Immersion programs. EXPLORE focuses on connecting students of color to professional mentors in the business community here in St. Louis, and strengthening the high school-to-career diversity pipeline critical to supporting an equitable and inclusive workforce in our region.
Companies that are interested in starting an EXPLORE Program may contact DAP’s Director of Programs, Steve Parks at for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 314-257-0799.