VP, Mortgage Operations Midwest BankCentre
As the VP, Mortgage Operations with Midwest BankCentre, you will be responsible for the oversight and management of Mortgage Operations. The VP, Mortgage Operations (VP, MO) will work in concert with the Bank’s EVP – Consumer Banking & Fee Services and SVP – Mortgage Lending to execute the strategic plan for the business and team goals of Mortgage Operations. The VP, MO will manage the Mortgage Operations team comprised of Underwriters and Loan Processors/Closers by effectively recruiting, coaching and managing team members. The VP, MO will be responsible for managing the loan process from end-to-end by identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies in current processes, policies and procedures and implement new technology and automation enabling the division to run more efficiently. The VP, MO will work in tandem with partners to achieve annual operational budget goals, while maintaining compliance in all industry, regulatory and internal audit requirements. The VP, MO will also effectively manage all investor and MI relationships. The VP, MO will also be a certified underwriter in VA, FHA and Bond loans as well as the USDA experience.
Company Bio: Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis’ largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
• St. Louis is our home
• Your Success is our goal
• We build community one relationship at a time
VP, Mortgage Operations must be able to:
- Demonstrate active listening and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at many different levels (customer, senior managers, peers and employees)
- Proficient at influencing and collaborating with those outside of reporting authority to achieve shared business goals and objectives
- Strong financial and business acumen including experience interpreting reports to drive performance
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
- Proven ability to develop staff members into high performing individuals and team members by providing training and development Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement strategies to drive and grow Bank by professionally serving internal and external customers
- Oversee and manage daily direction for the mortgage operations business line
- Embrace MBC’s commitment to volunteerism and community engagement
- Problem-solving abilities with a growth mindset towards advancing department and Bank
- Delivers operational, technical, and functional expertise in the development of Bank and departmental policies and procedures
- Provide active leadership within the Bank, driving the vision, living the vales and reinforcing expectations
Qualifications / Requirements
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (telephone, fax, copier)
- Able to accurately enter data on a PC
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
- Auditory ability to use a telephone
- Reliable transportation and the ability to travel as needed
- College degree preferred or comparable work experience
- Direct Endorsement (DE) certification required
- Government underwriting experience with CHUMS and/or SAR ID
- Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches, and possibly out of state for training
- Maintain private information and uphold confidentiality
Come Rise With Us!
Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available.