VP – Deposit Operations Midwest BankCentre
Why a VP – Deposit Operations with Midwest BankCentre?
As the VP, Deposit Operations with Midwest BankCentre, you will be responsible for the oversight and leadership responsibility for all aspects of the assigned functional areas within Deposit Operations. The VP – Deposit Operations (VP – DO) will work in concert with other Deposit Operations leadership team, SVP – DO, and both EVPs of Consumer and Commercial banking. The VP – DO will be responsible for driving the growth and success of the Bank by leading the respective DO team(s) in professionally serving the needs of customers and bank employees. The VP – DO will also be responsible for attaining optimum efficiency and providing exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers. Products and services supported by Deposit Operations includes, but is not limited to: commercial and retail deposit accounts, commercial account analysis, check returns and overdrafts, savings, certificate of deposit and IRA administration, customer information systems, debit card administration and fraud controls, wires, ACH, remote deposit capture, ACH and Check Positive Pay. Ensures compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to departmental functions, including Reg. E, BSA, NACHA rules, Reg. D, state law, subpoenas, levies, garnishments, court orders, escheatment, B-notice and W-9 compliance.
Company Bio: Midwest BankCentre
About Midwest BankCentre
We have been a mainstay of St. Louis community banking since 1906. Currently, we rank among St. Louis’ largest locally owned banks. We provide integrated financial services with expertise in commercial, retail and digital banking; business treasury management; mortgage lending; consumer lending; and insurance. We are a local leader in the St. Louis Regional Unbanked Task Force and its Bank-On Save-Up St. Louis initiative. Since 2001, Midwest BankCentre has consecutively achieved the Bauer Financial 5-Star Superior financial rating each quarter.
Founded in St. Louis in 1906, we have branches in the City of St. Louis, St. Louis County, Jefferson County and St. Charles County. In April 2015, we acquired Southern Commercial Bank, formed in 1891. In July 2016, we completed the purchase of Bremen Bank & Trust Co., founded in 1868.
Our Pillars of Success
- St. Louis is our home
- Your Success is our goal
- We build community one relationship at a time
- Strong leadership skills, able to develop high performing teams that are proactive in nature and responsive to the customer
- Strong ability to collaborate, influence and engage across business units to drive processes and improvements for the organization
- A commitment to innovation and a focus on driving innovative practices into the bank
- Demonstrate active listening and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to easily engage others in positive dialogue one-on-one or in a group setting, and at many different levels (customer, senior managers, peers and employees)
- Proficient at influencing and collaborating with those outside of reporting authority to achieve shared business goals and objectives
- Strong financial and business acumen including experience interpreting reports to drive performance
- Proven ability to think and act independently and the ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skilled at prioritizing duties, working under time constraints, handling multiple tasks, and working independently while remaining flexible to changing priorities and assignments
- Proven ability to develop staff members into high performing individuals and team members by providing training and development
- Must possess a strong understanding of current industry trends and be able to demonstrate application of those trends in the work environment
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implement strategies to drive and grow Bank by professionally serving internal and external customers
- Oversee and manage daily direction for the deposit business line
- Embrace MBC’s commitment to volunteerism and community engagement
- Problem-solving abilities with a growth mindset towards advancing department and Bank
- Delivers operational, technical, and functional expertise in the development of Bank and departmental policies and procedures
- Provide active leadership within the Bank, driving the vision, living the values and reinforcing expectations
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university; 5 years’ management experience with banking or bank operations and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to effectively read, write and speak the English language
- Personal computer skills with extended viewing of computer screens
- Physical mobility and dexterity to transport files and operate general office equipment (fax, copier, telephone)
- Visual acuity sufficient to accurately review and proof information
- Accredited ACH Professional Certification (AAP), or ability to obtain within one year (Preferred)
- Willing and able to travel to other locations/branches, and possibly out of state for training
- Maintain private information and uphold confidentiality
Come Rise With Us!
Equal opportunity Employer of minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available.