System Buyer FourGen Holdings
The System Buyer will work with a team of buyers, providing procurement of materials and equipment for our electrical construction teams. The person in this position must be self-motivated, organized, have excellent communication and analytical skills and be able to work in a high-energy, loud, fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
Company Bio: FourGen Holdings
FourGen Holdings is a family of companies, Continental Electrical Construction Company, Continental Energy Solutions, and Electrical Energy Experts. We are treated as family and treat each other with respect. We expect open, honest, and candid communication; working diligently to educate and provide services for our customers’ long-term success. We are all proud to be part of this extraordinary team.
Working in the Purchasing Department provides:
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and high-energy team
- clear expectations regarding interaction among teams
- generous resources and knowledge sharing
The System Buyer will be expected to work with Estimators, Project Managers, Field Supervisors, and Project Delivery, performing various tasks.
- Order equipment and special systems
- Material resourcing, supplier bid solicitation and tracking
- Manage supply chain logistics from beginning to end
- Subcontractor management and negotiation
- Project clean-up and close-out functions
Qualifications / Requirements
Requirements and Fundamental Competence
We expect our employees to be dedicated to customer service, stand behind commitments, communicate clearly, improve processes, and support company goals.
Knowledge of the Industry
- Extensive knowledge of materials and equipment, lighting experience preferred
- Working with or in the electrical distribution field, estimating, or purchasing-related fields for electrical systems
- Knowledge in electrical supply chain management
- Supplier and industry knowledge for material resourcing
- Competent in commercial lighting and controls system
- Collaboration and communication with Field and Office Project Managers to coordinate MP buys
- Willingness to investigate and find technical solutions for field systems questions if they don’t have the knowledge
- Potential of spending a few days a month at downtown office and field for job coordination.
- Straightforward and Communicative
- Willing to have difficult conversations with suppliers, vendors, distributors etc. to keep the company in advantageous positions with job costs, lead-times etc.
- Set clear expectations with the Project Delivery Team. Project Delivery finds systems solutions and best practices for field installation, systems functionality, and cost savings
- Effective interaction with wide variety of personality types and communication styles
- Prioritize tasks to accommodate changing priorities and conflicting deadlines
- Takes initiative to follow up with others
- Consistently meets deadlines
5 years of electrical industry experience
2-year associate degree
Working with estimating, purchasing or sales for electrical systems
To be considered for this position, candidates are required to complete the following skill assessments with proficiency:
- Intermediate Excel and Math Assessment
- Skills Assessments Review
System Buyer is an exempt position.
FourGen Holdings is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. FourGen Holdings seeks to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment of mutual respect, and provides employees a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. FourGen Holdings does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual or gender orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. Every employee is required to attend harassment training and agrees to comply with harassment and non-discrimination policies.
FourGen Holdings and its subsidiaries value safety to a high degree. Every employee attends a Safety Orientation and must earn their OSHA-10 certificate prior to beginning their responsibilities. Each employee is expected to uphold safety standards consistently.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
- « Previous Job: Solar Technician
- » Next Job: