Switchboard Operator Commerce Bank
Location: 1045 Executive Pkwy, St. Louis, Missouri 63141
The Switchboard Operator is an extremely important customer service position that answers incoming phone calls from both external and internal callers, promptly and professionally, and direct callers to the appropriate individual or department.
- 90% - Directly receive and transfer in-coming calls to the appropriate individuals/departments.
- 5% - Answer general questions regarding company hours of operations, holiday hours, contact name/numbers in response to customer inquiries.
- 5% - Perform clerical activities as assigned which do not interfere with answering and transferring calls.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Basic level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 6 months switchboard or high volume call handling required
- 6 months customer service experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Personal Computer
- Typing - 25 wpm