Staff Review Appraiser Commerce Bank
This position works closely with the bank’s Department Manager and Chief Appraiser and will be involved in frequent in-depth underwriting discussions with lenders and senior credit management regarding real estate taken as collateral. This role experiences high volumes of production and is held to a variety of service level agreements to ensure our sales force holds a competitive advantage in the market place.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen, and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Bid, order, and review commercial real estate appraisals on commercial and residential loans.
- Render opinions on the quality and reliability of new and existing file appraisals per policy guidelines, and provide opinions as to the quality and marketability of loan collateral.
- Assist in maintaining bank databases on property transactions and trends.
- Assist in underwriting environmental due diligence for commercial loans.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and bank policy.
- Partner with lenders and credit managers in order to provide high-quality consultation for informed and prudent loan decisions.
- Full time, 40 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Primary location: St. Louis; Secondary location: Kansas City.
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong preference will be given to those with prior bank appraisal review experience who are familiar with bank regulatory requirements.
- Prefer knowledge of environmental regulations and understanding of site assessment reports.
- Computer experience with Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree with an emphasis in Business, Accounting, or Finance or Equivalent.
- 5+ years of experience in the valuation of commercial real estate.
- State General Appraiser Certification (MO, KS, or IL preferred).
- MAI or other real estate designations preferred; or Appraisal Institute Advanced Associate with all coursework completed.
- « Previous Job: Credit Specialist I
- » Next Job: Senior Consumer Deposit Pricing & Analytics Strategist