Sr. Security Engineer Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring a Sr. Security Engineer to be located in Clayton, MO. Remote office location is a possibility for the right candidate. The Sr. Security Engineer is responsible for the engineering, development, and ongoing support of Olin’s network security solutions. This role is also responsible for the ongoing improvement of Olin’s information security systems through support of the information security and enterprise architecture program. The Sr. Security Engineer will provide support for evaluation and selection of systems, ensure that new systems are integrated into Olin’s existing security systems, vulnerability scanning, and network monitoring solutions.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Network security design/engineering - firewalls, IPS, traffic rules, routing
- Design, implement and maintain network security solutions (Firewalls, IDS/IPS, DLP, Proxy)
- Assist IT Network and Infrastructure Teams in troubleshooting network connectivity, capacity, application and service issues
- Review new technologies to determine compliance with security standards
- Verify delivered technical solutions against previously approved security architecture specifications and change requests
- Keep current with advancements in information security technologies, including application to process control environments
- Keep current on latest security vulnerabilities and attacks
- Assist in designing, implementing and maintaining other security tools such as vulnerability management, endpoint security, cloud security, email security and privileged access management
Solution Delivery Support
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to solution delivery and Infrastructure and Operations associates regarding security matters
- Assess and propose solution architecture specifications and change requests to ensure alignment with defined security standards
- Perform technical risk assessments to provide direction on investments
Qualifications / Requirements
- Must meet one of the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree with a minimum of 4 years relevant cybersecurity and/or IT experience; or
- Associate degree with a minimum of 6-7 years relevant cybersecurity and/or IT experience
- CISSP, TOGAF, CCNA, or other similar certifications strongly preferred
- Knowledge of IT security principles, best practices and a strong understanding of data networks required
- Proficient in managing network security vendor products such as Cisco, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, and Fortinet preferred
- Knowledge of Industrial Control Systems (ICS) is preferred
- Experience in implementing and maintaining (B2B) solutions and (STS) VPNs preferred
- Experience using network monitoring tools such as Solarwinds, PRTG, Spectrum preferred
- Proficient in analyzing network packets and protocols using tools such as Wireshark preferred
- Experience in maintaining Linux/Unix systems preferred
- Experience using SIEM technology preferred
- Broad knowledge of IT business and application landscape
- Familiarity with relevant industry frameworks, standards, and associated compliance regulations, such as CIS, NIST CSF, NIST 800-171, COBIT, ITIL, and applicable laws related to information security and privacy (e.g., ITAR, DFARS, GDPR, SOX, CFATS) preferred
- Excellent organizational, analytical, written, and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills which provide the ability to:
- Establish and build working relationships with individuals throughout the organization in support of IT department objectives
- Work closely with people at all levels of the organization
- Thorough understanding of general business operations and processes
- Approximately 5% travel required, within U.S. and abroad, as needed
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
*Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
*This position requires access to ITAR controlled technical data, and as such, employment will be contingent upon the candidate's ability to access ITAR controlled technical data pursuant to an export license approved by the Directorate of Defense Trade Controls, if required.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.