Small Business Banking Specialist II Commerce Bank
This position involves both the soliciting of new business opportunities as well as expansion of small business relationships with targeted prospects and existing customers within an assigned territory. Although it can vary by market, targeted companies generally include those with annual sales between $2-$3MM.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen, and solve to meet our customers’ needs
- Primarily involved in calling activities with targeted prospects and customers with the objective to acquire new business and expand existing relationships.
- Responsible for adding value to our prospects/clients across a full range of products and services, including lending, deposit, and payment products/services.
- Establish/manage a referral network of COI's.
- Serves as the primary advisor for an assigned portfolio of diverse and complex small business commercial relationships, ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction and retention.
- Facilitates credit requests, including loan structuring, negotiating/pricing, collateral, ensuring adequate loan documentation, and analyzing industry/credit risk.
- Facilitates the resolution of customer problems within the assigned portfolio, engaging product experts as needed.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the bank and to establish referral contacts within the marketplace.
- Ensures compliance with all bank policies, procedures, regulations, and laws.
New Business Development : 60%
Establishing a referral network with Centers-of Influence (COI's): 10%
Branch Enablement/Existing Customer Growth: 30%
- Full Time, 40 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Location: St. Louis, Oakville Telegraph retail branch.
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of a full range of commercial products, credit policies, procedures, and terminology.
- Strong time management skills, with the ability to appropriately prioritize calling activities and strategies.
- Goal oriented with well developed sales skills.
- Strong strategic, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Good credit analysis skills.
- Solid verbal/written communication skills.
- Solid persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Good independent decision making skills, but requires some management oversight.
- Ability to structure more complex credit requests.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent.
- 3-5 years of commercial banking experience.
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize our review of that record, maintain a valid driver’s license, and meet Commerce Bank’s driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements.
Time Type: Full time