Site Research Analyst Schnucks
Conduct research and analysis to determine the viability of future Schnuck stores and concepts and monitor all competitive activity that has a financial impact on any current (and future) Schnucks store(s). Analyze and forecast all competitive changes and the impact on the competitive environment. Make recommendations regarding geographic areas of strength and opportunities for future growth
- Provides sales forecasts to assist the Real Estate Department in planning new store activity to provide Schnucks growth. Conducts market visits to determine viability of trade areas and specific sites. Assists with the Finance department's modeling process for potential new store activity. Analyzes data to ensure the proforma fully illustrates the potential of a new store site.
- Tracks competitive activity and publishes the Competitive Activity Report each period. Discuss the C.A.R. with Schnucks senior management. Use the C.A.R. to build the Competitive Impact Report, an important input in the annual budgeting/sales plan process. Conducts competitive store visits to verify potential store activity. Forecasts each Schnucks (and competitors) new store, remodel, expansion and store closure, to anticipate sales transfers. Performs sunset reviews on competitive impact and capital projects.
- Conducts Market Representation Study (MRS) of the St. Louis Area. Provides a detailed snapshot of the St. Louis metro market for senior management.
- Assists various departments and teammates by producing maps, demographic data and other store-related information as needed for special projects.
- Obtains and distributes various industry related articles from periodicals and websites. The articles range from specific store activity to industry-wide trends. Distributes to relevant teammates on a weekly basis.
- Maintains and updates competitive store database to ensure the most recent and relevant store information is available for each Schnucks store and numerous competitors.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Other Requirements: Store experience strongly recommended
- Minimum Years of Experience: 1 to 3 years
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Superior computer skills (Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Windows operating environment)
- Proficiency in GIS/Demographic software (MapInfo)
- Strong technical and quantitative skills, including knowledge of current accounting and finance practices
- Supermarket/retail industry knowledge
- Expertise in the applications of gravity models for sales forecasting
- Problem solving, using critical thinking and creativity
- Skills & Abilities
- Acumen in using investigative techniques to obtain competitive information and trade area characteristics from various sources; including store visits, market visits and computer-based research
- Ability and commitment to take complete responsibility for areas of accountability and work independently
- Ability to determine proper gravity modeling techniques using results from field work and other research methods
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships and establish trust with teammates, from store-level personnel to senior management
FORMAL POLICY SETTING
Makes recommendations to management
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Less than ½ Day
- Primarily Sitting
- Up to 25 lbs
- Work Environment
- Must be willing to travel to all geographic areas in which Schnucks operates or may consider operating, and be willing to case competition. Fieldwork will occasionally require work outside of normal business hours and potential overnight stays. Most trips will be 2-3 days, but can be a week (5 days), if needed.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Additional Requirements – Internal candidates:
- Store/Facility Teammates: minimum of six months employment with Schnucks.
- Store Support Center Teammates: minimum of one year employment with Schnucks.
- Must be in good standing (not on a performance improvement plan or active discipline).
- If invited for an interview, must have manager approval based on performance.
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- « Previous Job: Administrative Internship Program – Spring/Summer 2022
- » Next Job: Inventory Supply Chain Manager