Property: St. Louis Corporate
The Senior Recruiter will be responsible for owning and managing the full recruitment life cycle, hiring positions at all levels and at various locations within the company and partner with our company and leaders to determine the needs of the business. You will develop and execute recruitment strategies to network and hire the most qualified candidates, source and nurture relationships with prospective talent, conduct initial candidate interviews, manage candidates through the interview process, recommend placement decisions, measure and optimize various recruitment programs all in support of delivering the best talent to the company.
Successful applicants should be ready to provide input and make an impact while learning the Drury product and culture quickly, all while maintaining the industry leading service scores – a record THIRTEEN-IN-A-ROW J.D.Power Awards (https://www.druryhotels.com/about/pressreleases/jdpower2018).
Company Bio: Drury Hotels
Drury Hotels, a privately owned corporation, has consistently demonstrated a record of conservative and stable growth. Drury Hotels has been a part of the hospitality industry for over 45 years, and has continually retooled its product to make it ever contemporary and responsive to guests' needs and wishes. Drury has continued to stick with the basics that helped the company grow from a small plastering business in the bootheel of Missouri to a successful, growing system of 150 hotels in 25 states. The exceptionally friendly and hardworking team members at every Drury Hotel share the same simple virtues that the brothers learned on the family farm and adapted to the road...You are our guest, you are welcome and your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- Perform full-cycle recruiting activities on assigned requisitions, including developing job postings and search strategies, reviewing applicants, screening and evaluating candidates and supporting final selection process to meet the various staffing goals across all levels
- Create innovative sourcing strategies to provide a qualified and diverse candidate pool for assigned requisitions through sourcing passive candidates, networking, complex internet searches, internal databases and team member referrals. Maintain files as required.
- Create and foster relationships with colleges, universities and professional organizations to attract and recruit the most qualified candidates and increase diversity of candidate pool. Work with external recruiters as needed.
- Attend career fairs, networking events, and other recruitment related events to source candidates, identify best practice, and implement changes. Will also give presentations to schools and professional organizations.
- Develop talent pipelines needed to meet current, near term, and long term organizational objectives including talent for future leadership roles
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with hiring managers, including collaborating to understand their needs and making candidate recommendations for current and future opportunities
- Initiates assessments and assists in interpretation and utilization of results
- Assists hotels with hourly recruiting needs when possible and recommends resources
- Educate managers on recruitment-related concepts, systems, processes and procedures
- Manage candidate engagement, provide a positive candidate experience, maintain responsive communication and act as a candidate advocate, including honoring confidentiality and providing flexibility as appropriate
- Provide complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about company and the position
- Participates in arranging candidate travel, performing employment verification and conducting background checks as needed
- Recommends and facilitates process improvement initiatives to improve organizational efficiencies and outcomes
- Recruits for numerous locations
- Complies with employment laws and regulations in all recruitment activities
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
General Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline. PHR or Recruiter certification such as AIRS or LinkedIn strongly preferred.
- A minimum of three years of full life-cycle recruitment experience, preferably in a corporate environment
- This individual must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, and customer management skills while displaying the highest degree of integrity in implementing the industry's best practices (sourcing, recruiting, candidate assessment). The ideal candidate will be detail oriented, organized, proactive and understand the urgency and confidentiality of the recruiting function.
- A self-starter with excellent sourcing skills with the ability to use numerous creative techniques and channels to identify quality candidates, including social media, networking and professional associations
- Able to communicate effectively and build relationships with all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated business acumen and consultative skills to work closely with hiring managers at all levels. Strong problem solving, negotiation, influencing and networking skills
- Ability to effectively execute expectations and meet hiring deadlines
- Partnering with business leaders and hiring managers to assess their talent requirements and advising on the best hiring strategy
- Focusing on providing a great candidate experience at every opportunity
- Stay current with market intelligence and industry trends (e.g. new technology, recruitment metrics, and legislative changes)
- Demonstrated experience in multiple recruiting methodologies, including direct sourcing, networking, cold calling and referrals. Demonstrated ability to deliver results on multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Passion for the talent acquisition function with a focus on diversity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Applicant Tracking Systems and record retention
- Understanding of Employment Law
Mental and Physical Requirements
Ability to travel up to 15% to support college recruiting efforts
- Ability to work in a team environment and work independently
- Ability to consistently and positively contribute in a fast-paced environment as well as the ability to prioritize multiple functions and tasks and manage work time efficiently
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: Recruiting, Human Resources