Senior Programmer – Analyst Drury Hotels
BASED OUT OF ST. LOUIS OR CAPE GIRARDEAU, MO
Do you enjoy a lean team with a high degree of autonomy and ability to wear many different hats?
Are you self-motivated and interested in building new technologies that drive a digital transformation?
Are you interested in being part of a family run business with a highly collaborative and team based culture?
The Senior Programmer Analyst will, under general direction, conduct the analysis, design and implementation of software for web-based and mobile applications. The Senior Programmer Analyst will use existing skills and experience to create and deliver high quality, usable software. This position reports to the Director of Application Development and typically has five or more years of software development experience.
Successful applicants should be ready to provide input and make an impact while learning the Drury product and culture quickly, all while maintaining the industry leading service scores – a record THIRTEEN-IN-A-ROW J.D.Power Awards (https://www.druryhotels.com/about/pressreleases/jdpower2018).
In this role you’ll have a chance to bring our President, Chuck Drury’s mission into reality – “We’re different than the big franchise chains. We build, own, and operate all of our hotels. Our focus is ensuring that our guests get more for their dollar than our competitors. If we provide a consistent experience at all of our hotels, we believe we can be the first choice as a home away from home.” If this sounds like you, and something you can believe in, consider Drury Hotels as your next career move. It could be your best one.
Company Bio: Drury Hotels
Drury Hotels, a privately owned corporation, has consistently demonstrated a record of conservative and stable growth. Drury Hotels has been a part of the hospitality industry for over 45 years, and has continually retooled its product to make it ever contemporary and responsive to guests' needs and wishes. Drury has continued to stick with the basics that helped the company grow from a small plastering business in the bootheel of Missouri to a successful, growing system of 150 hotels in 25 states. The exceptionally friendly and hardworking team members at every Drury Hotel share the same simple virtues that the brothers learned on the family farm and adapted to the road...You are our guest, you are welcome and your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- Responsible for the software development function, including gathering of requirements from business customers, building prototypes, performing technical designs, developing features, conducting testing, and performing stakeholder review sessions.
- Ensures for overall software consistency and creates software components that can be extended and reused.
- Develops according to coding standards and design practices, as well as remains knowledgeable about emerging standards and trends.
- Participates in all phases of the software development life cycle.
- Manages time across multiple projects and tasks in a deadline-driven collaborative team environment.
- Ensures that all applications are developed using best security practices and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
General Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Four-year degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Five or more years of experience in developing web-based applications in the C# programming language in a .NET / MVC 4.x environment.
- Experience in building application programming interfaces in both REST and SOAP.
- Experience in using the Visual Studio, Team Foundation Service, and SQL Server Management Console tools.
- Experienced with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience in working in a collaborative team environment.
- Effective written and presentation skills.
- Experience in the hospitality or travel industries preferred.