Senior Enterprise Risk Management Advisor Commerce Bank
The main purpose of this job is to identify, evaluate, mitigate, monitor, and report on the risks of Commerce Bancshares, Inc. This job will perform and facilitate risk assessments and use the assessment information to connect and understand the relationships of risks across the company. The job will also assist the first line of defense in prioritizing risk management efforts.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
How would you like to work for a great company that offers career growth and values your skills and experience? For over 150 years, Commerce Bank has built a strong reputation as a “Super Community” bank and is recognized as an industry leader. In today's growing and competitive financial services industry, we look for creative and innovative solutions to meet the needs of our customers. To achieve our results, we recruit the best and brightest employees who ask, listen, and solve to meet our customers’ needs!
- Represent the second line of defense, promote a risk aware culture, and advise on a variety of corporate and department initiatives.
- Advise on and support risk management activities in the first line of defense, serve as second line of defense liaison with strategic planning units, and support organizations.
- Develop and implement a program, in consultation with the partners throughout the Company, to identify, assess, monitor, and report on emerging industry and Company risks and their potential impacts.
- Create and execute a program to monitor, evaluate, prioritize mitigation efforts, and report on first line of defense activities to address regulatory and second and third line of defense issues and findings.
- Coordinate with other risk assessing organizations to develop an integrated risk and control assessment, testing, management, and reporting program.
- Lead and conduct specialty risk assessments and assist with regulatory exam management and information requests, as needed.
- Keep abreast of risk management related regulations, guidance, and industry developments.
- Assist in responding to requests from regulators and/or addressing exceptions from audits, both internal and external.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Full Time, 40 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Location: Downtown Kansas City (Trust Building) or St. Louis (Clayton office).
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong knowledge of risk management-related financial institution regulations and guidance.
- Strong knowledge of risk identification, assessment, and management frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of control frameworks and the ability to design and evaluate effectiveness of controls embedded within business processes.
- Ability to use complex strategic and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to maintain regulatory knowledge, interpret regulations, and apply regulatory requirements.
- Ability to independently identify, prioritize, monitor, communicate, and/or resolve issues.
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Inquisitive, agile, and a strong team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Previous direct and cross-functional team leadership or project management skills preferred.
- CERP (Certified Enterprise Risk Professional), CPA, Certified Bank Auditor, and Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certifications preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6+ years risk management, legal, internal audit, or compliance experience.
- Master's Degree, JD Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 4+ years progressive banking and/or financial institution experience.
Time Type: Full time