Senior Communications Specialist, Internal Division Communication Edward Jones
The Client Strategies Group (CSG) at Edward Jones is focused on developing a profound understanding of prospective and current clients’ needs, in order to create an unparalleled experience. Leveraging these critical insights, we implement tailored solutions and enhance our products in ways that enable clients to achieve their financial goals.
From branding and communication to the actual stocks, bonds and mutual funds offered, your work will have a significant impact not only within the CSG division but firm-wide. Working in this collaborative and fast-paced environment, you will be challenged to bring fresh perspectives that allow us to continually exceed client expectations in an ever-evolving landscape.
Our Marketing team is seeking a Senior Communication/Content Strategist to develop internal content and channel activation plans that align with major firm initiatives. You will be applying client and brand insights to develop and deliver messaging to the firm’s more than 45,000 branch team members and home office associates. Providing guidance to senior leaders across the firm, you will ensure messaging is compelling and consistent across a variety of channels, including email, meeting content, website, and broadcast.
The ideal candidate is an experienced communications professional who has a proven track record in helping senior leaders throughout the organization articulate their messages to internal audiences. As a senior member of the team responsible for divisional communications, you’ll support key leaders in developing their messaging that engages and inspires. You’ll also work closely with leaders in human resources to develop and implement cross-divisional organizational change communication plans that help bring meaningful results and improved performance.
Company Bio: Edward Jones
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
- For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.
- Lead highly complex initiatives and cross-divisional working teams, providing guidance on internal communication strategy and implementation.
- Lead internal content plan development and the creation of compelling content to drive action.
- Develop creative strategies, positioning and messaging across all channels.
- Work closely with division leaders to develop communication strategies and associated messaging for internal audiences.
- Develop creative briefs and collaborate with visual designers, user-experience designers, IT and video producers to produce compelling content reflecting voice of client.
- Create and curate content across all channels aligning to brand position to meet KPIs.
- Effectively build relationships to achieve business outcomes. Influence senior management and provide leadership and guidance on goals, key messages and targeting.
- Influence change management by serving as an expert on communicating change within firm.
- Determine and use KPIs, communication and business metrics to measure effectiveness and make recommendations to improve/optimize
Qualifications / Requirements
- 10+ years of experience in communications or marketing, preferably financial services or database infrastructure, showing increasing level of responsibility
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communication, English or related degree required; advanced degree or MBA strongly preferred
- Understand how to communicate technical and complex topics to specific audience/personas with direct and develop content for associates and branch teams.
- Experience in writing for different media and determining channel activation strategy.
- Understanding of channel best practices, including, CMS, SEM, SEO, email, public and client websites, social, intranet, etc.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and processes in a dynamic, matrix environment.
- Effectively build strong relationships to influence and gain consensus at all levels, including executive.
- Strong understanding of design principles with ability to reinforce brand standards