Security Representative Schnucks
Since 1939, growth and change have been the two constants at Schnucks. As our customers change, we change to meet their needs. As the neighborhoods we serve grow, we grow with them. Schnucks is a progressive, family-owned supermarket retailer with 100 stores in Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Wisconsin – all managed from our corporate headquarters in St. Louis.
Company Bio: Schnucks
From the exciting, fast-paced store and pharmacy environments, to manufacturing and production facilities, Schnucks offers career opportunities for talented teammates who want to work for a friendly, family-oriented company. It’s easy to see why you should work for Schnucks:
- Friendly, Fast-Paced Environment
- Teammate Discount after Qualifying Period
- Chance To Advance. Schnucks has a strong tradition of promoting from within. Many teammates who started working with us have grown with us, as their part-time jobs became long-term careers.
- Schnucks is successful because we value our teammates as much as our customers.
- Schnucks is one of the top 100 privately owned companies and one of the top 10 privately owned supermarket chains nationwide.
Combat theft and loss in our stores through the detection, prevention and apprehension of shoplifters. Report any situations that could contribute to losses for the company. Train new Security Reps.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Detect, prevent and apprehend shoplifters.
• Conduct surveillance of potential dishonest teammates and/ or property when assigned.
• Perform special projects as directed by Asset Protection Management
• Complete checklist of physical security conditions during a scheduled shift.
• Apply for warrants and appear in court when requested.
• Remove misplaced items from store shelves.
• Provide correspondence via email and voicemail. Complete weekly timesheet and monthly expense report.
• Train new Security Reps.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Required Education: High school education
- Minimum Years of Experience: Less than 1 year
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Computer literacy.
- Skills & Abilities
- Self-motivated and able to work with little to no direct supervision
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to blend in with clientele of a geographically diverse market.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to read and write detailed reports.
- Able to qualify for and obtain an unarmed security license.
FORMAL POLICY SETTING
Policies and procedures associated with Department or Division are set by others.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Full Day
- Full Day
- Up to 25 lbs
- 0 - 25%
- Work Environment
- Working at different locations on a daily basis.
- Work outside of normal business hours to include nights, weekends and holidays.
- Overtime if necessary and authorized.
The above statements describe the job’s essential responsibilities and requirements. They are not an exhaustive list of the duties that may be assigned to job incumbents.
Schnucks is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- « Previous Job: Senior Consumer Deposit Pricing & Analytics Strategist
- » Next Job: Production Associate