Retail Banking Transformation Program Manager Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 10
Location: 8000 Forsyth, St. Louis, Missouri 63105
In a time of continued change in the landscape of the banking industry, Commerce Bank is looking for someone to manage and guide these changes. The person will help successfully achieve goals and objectives by providing strategic plan development, execution, oversight, and direct management.
The Business Transformation Program Manager will be expected to manage and lead the execution of select key programs that significantly impact the business strategy and financial results. This position acts on the authority of the Project Sponsor (often acting as the Sponsor’s delegate) with an ability to achieve benefits and control not available from managing the projects individually. This position leads and directs resources across projects, balancing priorities, and managing links between the projects and the overall costs and risks of the program.
These programs are often enterprise-level and have a direct link to significant Retail strategies. They typically require cross-enterprise resources and priorities, impacting multiple SPUs, Service and Support teams, Markets, or business lines with multiple Executive Management Committee sponsors.
This position will also support planning functions associated with the Retail unit and is often a subject matter expert within the business line and, certainly, within the programs they manage. This position may frequently act on behalf of the Retail Manager of Strategic Programs and Business Transformation. They are expected to escalate issues that arise across multiple sectors and maintain a deep understanding of initiatives and how they relate to the overall vision and business model.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
- Sponsor and direct the management of high profile or key projects/programs to ensure success of the business expectations, focusing on areas of opportunity for significant change
- Lead the process to define new business strategies
- Define the problem and test a variety of experiments until determining the strategy
- Produce the rationale (what/why) for the strategy, communicating with stakeholders to gain alignment with the vision and plan
- Partner with execution teams to develop strategic implementation plans before passing to existing teams for business-as-usual execution
- Identify and lead key business alliance and collaboration opportunities with multiple business partners to effectively evaluate vision, plan, and execution on key initiatives
- Manage multiple programs and work with business unit strategic groups to identify and achieve project objectives
- Establish new strategic goals and budget for upcoming periods; assess progress to goals / targets
- Track and monitor key implementation milestones to ensure ability to successfully deliver on critical metrics
- Review and analyze progress and reporting to course correct and/or adjust strategy as appropriate
- Identify enterprise opportunities and develop recommendations for change as appropriate
- Act as a change leader for major strategies and initiatives; coach and influence leadership, addressing both opportunities and challenges
- Identify and introduce team / group development opportunities
- Work with business unit leaders and market managers to increase the awareness and knowledge required to make informed decisions and maximize opportunities
- Communicate directly with executive stakeholders and serve as the arbitrator as needed
- Lead the development of presentations and conduct the actual presentations as required
- Facilitate meetings / sessions as required
- Guide the maintenance and update of the group’s strategic plan, collaborating with senior management to determine direction
- Oversee / lead strategic analysis and planning to establish realistic but aggressive goals and objectives that are aligned with the planning unit’s mission and priorities
- Oversee the process to monitor and report on progress of key initiatives
- Create a baseline from which the progress of implemented strategic plans can be measured
- Build a deep understanding and awareness of key strategies, initiatives, and opportunities
- Identify potential problems and challenges as initiatives progress and key results are reported; work with responsible teams to address and resolve
Qualifications / Requirements
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and facilitation skills
- Highly proficient at analyzing and making decisions / recommendations based on and supported by financial information, business plans, and quantitative / qualitative information
- Demonstrates a degree of understanding that inspires confidence in related information and recommendations. Clearly skilled in strategic thinking, planning and project management
- Demonstrates strong judgment and ability to make decisions and recommendations, and to resolve complex problems for which standard alternatives may not be available.
- Clearly understands the compliance and legal matters that impact business decisions. Keeps abreast of industry publications and possible upcoming changes that could impact business. Can complete and make recommendations for changes needed in legal and compliance documents.
- Collaborates effectively across teams and all levels of leadership
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; Advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of progressively responsible experience in strategic planning, project management, or relationship management efforts
- « Previous Job: Privately Held Business Manager – Commerce Trust Company
- » Next Job: Ecommerce Merchandiser