Rental Manager COCA
Reports to: Operations Manager
Marketing & Sales Support:
- Serve as the internal contact/liaison for external rental clients. Manage COCA’s email account and respond in a timely fashion to determine scope and appropriateness of all rental requests. Determine availability of spaces using ActiveNet scheduling system and COCA’s Master Schedule.
- Work with COCA’s Marketing Department to create marketing materials and sales strategies to meet revenue goals. This includes coordinating email blasts, newsletters, researching new clients and organizing marketing events.
- Work collaboratively with COCA’s Development Department to plan and execute donor rental events.
- Schedule internal and external meetings with rental clients, COCA Staff, and vendors, as needed.
- Meet with potential clients to fully understand the scope of their event. Develop a preliminary quote and execute a contract for space rental and services.
- Execute invoices and process payments through ActiveNet system.
- Follow-up with rental clients to collect feedback of their rental experience. Track feedback and determine areas for improvement.
- Manage annual budget for COCA’s rental program.
- Develop timely reports on rental bookings, revenue projections, etc. Present data to Staff and Board, as required.
- Book rentals and associated fees using ActiveNet scheduling system.
- Create a “run of show” schedule and setup diagrams for rental events and distribute to event/production staff.
- Work with COCA’s Box Office when ticketing is required. Coordinate delivery of Box Office sales, as needed.
- Work collaboratively with COCA’s Production Staff with regard to staffing production related rentals, and budgeting for production related resources and expenses, as needed. (House Managers, Event Crew).
- Work collaboratively with COCA’s Operations Staff with regard to staffing events outside theatre spaces, and scheduling use of non-production related equipment. (Scheduling Set-ups/Tear-downs, Porters).
- Connect rental clients with preferred vendors, as needed (equipment rentals, catering, valet, etc.).
- Manage delivery and pickup of any goods or services pertaining to rental events.
Qualifications / Requirements
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop relationships.
- Significant customer-oriented experience.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Must have organizational skills, able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Ability to keep track of the large number of details involved in the successful execution of events.
- Knowledge of equipment, set-up and tear down for meetings, dinner events, etc.
- Excellent problem solving and customer relations skills.
- Ability to maintain effective client communications in pressure situations.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to direct and manage other staff operations in delivering diverse facility services.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Willingness to take on administrative/operational tasks as needed.
- Ability to lift, carry and move at least 20lbs
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to navigate stairs