Public Relations and Brand Strategies Manager Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 09
Location: 8000 Forsyth, St. Louis, Missouri 63105
Time Type: Full time
The Public Relations, Investor Relations & Content Solutions (PR/IR/Content) Manager serves a dual role to help set and align the strategic direction of all external communications initiatives for the public/media/investor relation functions of Commerce Bancshares as well as content marketing projects. The key objective for this position is to ensure positive and consistent brand recognition while helping drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior
• Responsible for day-to-day aspects of PR/earned media & brand communications, including content gathering, curation, planning, copywriting, editing, proofing and responding to media inquiries.
• Ensures alignment and impact of PR/earned media & brand communications to strengthen the Commerce brand through announcements and thought leadership messages platforms including brand communication planning, message pillar content development and story backlog grooming.
• Identifies, influences, and manages continuous improvement for PR/Earned media & brand communications strategies and processes.
• Manages and monitors stakeholder relationships, media, publications, websites, and social media accounts to ensure influencer/media engagement.
• Serves as project manager/lead for corporate communications needs such as CBSH news
• Coordinates and supports crisis communications and issues management.
• Maintains media center, media policy and media training.
• Monitors, measures and reports media engagement and sentiment.
• Collaborates with Corporate, Commercial, Consumer, and Wealth Marketing teams and Corporate Marketing resources to meet the reactive, proactive and brand communications
• Advises and supports PR/earned media strategies in support of Commerce sub-brands to ensure alignment to the Commerce master brand.
• Manages workflow processes and PR/earned media calendar including managing schedules, timelines, budgets and the coordination of project deliverables to deliver the project on time and on budget.
• Collaborates/coordinates with marketing teams, agency relationships and third-party vendors to optimize PR/Earned media & brand communications projects.
• Manages and continuously identifies and implements continuous improvement to workflow, automation, processes, reporting and tools.
• Responsible for copywriting brand standards and media policy governance and exception process escalation.
• Creates and manages cost center budget.
• Ensures brand consistency and alignment. Accountable for the PR/Earned Media & brand communications quality, customer satisfaction and efficiency.
• Need to strengthen the Commerce brand
• Releases, annual/mini reports, shareholder meetings, corporate social responsibility report, awards & recognition.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Strategic PR/earned media & brand communications experience focused on financial services, B2C, B2B, or B2C2B.
- Proven leadership in influencing and directing efforts in response to the PR/Earned media and brand communications landscape
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, including external vendors.
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams
- Expert knowledge of all digital marketing best practices, and experience with Social Media strategies, tactics and innovations
- Proficiency in applying trends and consumer engagement preferences across PR/earned media channels.
- Advanced knowledge of all PR/earned media best practices, and experience with Social Media strategies, tactics and innovations.
- Experience managing marketing functions and teams.
- Excellent communication and writing skills; proficient in knowledge of Associate Press (AP) writing style standards
- Ability to work within a matrixed environment
- Proven leadership and team-building skills
- Strong fiscal responsibility and understanding of how to present a business case
- Ability to develop and manage an Agile Marketing work environment
- Customer service oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to show critical thinking and listening skills and connect quickly with internal clients
- Strong organizational skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to ask questions, offer solutions, retain information and apply details to future situations
- Proactive in finding ways to assist team members and streamline processes
- Open-minded and flexible to change
- Cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our core values and culture
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
Education and Experience
• BFA or BA degree in Journalism, Marketing, Communications or similarly related-field, Master’s degree preferred
• 6+ years professional experience in public relations, communications, marketing or related field
• 6+ years marketing experience, financial services experience preferred
- « Previous Job: Personal Banker
- » Next Job: Bilingual Customer Care Associate $500 Sign-On Bonus