Professional Engineer Continental Energy Solutions
The Professional Engineer works with the Energy Solutions Team to design and bring constructable drawings to completion for field electricians. The person in this position serves a project technical source, interprets plans and specifications, and resolves questions and problems as they arise. The Professional Engineer also does engineering designs, studies, and calculations. The job requires research and innovation to create efficient solutions for new alternative energy environments.
Close interaction with drafters, field supervision, and other team members, is critical to success in this role. The position also coordinates with departments of the parent company, FourGen Holdings. The Professional Engineer reports directly to the President of Continental Energy Solutions.
Company Bio: Continental Energy Solutions
Continental Energy Solutions offers end-to-end solutions. We design, engineer, procure, install, commission, monitor, and maintain solar arrays, solar plus battery storage, and full microgrid solutions.
We offer an unbeatable team of engineers, project managers, and field supervisors, including NABCEP Certified Professionals, the gold standard in the solar industry. Together, our team works to provide our customers with clearly outlined costs, energy savings, and overall project ROI. We have built over 50 solar PV projects, many solar plus battery storage solutions, and installed over 350 electric vehicle (EV) chargers. Our project portfolio includes both rooftop and ground mount systems for big-box retail, warehouse, and campus solutions. With our experienced team and extensive project portfolio, we can build a solar solution for every customer to meet any challenge.
Working for Continental Energy Solutions provides:
- Collaboration, assistance, tools and resources for success
- An engaging and respectful workplace
- Pride working for the largest PV and battery storage installer in Illinois
The Professional Engineer has responsibility for engineering and design related functions.
- Creates solutions for unique situations and leads creation of constructible design
- Re-engineers drawings for practical application
- Implements heat calculation, arc flash, and OCP studies
- Approves and certifies documents
- Serves as project technical source - resolves questions and problems as they arise
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of projects including status, client requirements, construction documents
- Assists modelers to produce complete and accurate construction documents for the field labor force
- Works closely with project managers to coordinate deliverables and comply with project timelines
- Confirms reliability on-site prior to installation
Qualifications / Requirements
Requirements and Fundamental Competence
Continental Energy Solutions is a dedicated team of professionals who take pride in their hard work and quality results. Their camaraderie contributes to the company’s success.
Renewable Energy Solutions
- Understand relationship between electrical and solar power distribution
- Understand solar photovoltaic, energy storage, and microgrid applications
- Propose long-term solutions with consideration of operations and maintenance requirements
- Integrate practical application of energy storage
- Design plans with consideration of battery and equipment, layout, and cost
- Continuously educate oneself on the quickly evolving industry
- Creativity and confidence to develop innovative solutions and processes
- Find technical solutions for field systems questions
- Contribute to the efficacy of company operations
- Capable and motivated to research and synthesize existing information into new solutions
- Passion for renewable energy solutions
- Collaborate with procurement to obtain material quotes and specifications from industry suppliers
- Communicate unfamiliar concepts to customers and team members effectively
- Display straightforward and empathetic communication
- Effective interaction working with dedicated and diverse team
Management and Leadership
The individual is expected to possess and continually develop skills to manage and lead themselves and others as is appropriate for the position.
- Emotional Intelligence
- Employee Management/Development
- Setting Direction
- Resource Management
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar
Passed the Fundamentals of engineering Exam (FE)
5 years in renewable energy field
Electrical Construction Experience
Professional Engineer is an exempt position.
Continental Energy Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Continental Energy Solutions seeks to provide a welcoming and inclusive environment of mutual respect, and provides employees a work environment free from discrimination and harassment. Continental Energy Solutions does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex, sexual or gender orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service. Every employee is required to attend harassment training and agrees to comply with harassment and nondiscrimination policies.
Continental Energy Solutions and its subsidiaries value safety to a high degree. Every employee attends a Safety Orientation and must earn their OSHA-10 certificate prior to beginning their responsibilities. Each employee is expected to uphold safety standards consistently.
Please send your resume and letter of interest to careers@CESenergy.com