Product Owner – Warehouse Dot Foods
Location: Chesterfield, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Senior Director of Application Development
Your Role: Manage product backlog for our warehouse applications and optimize the value of the work the development team performs. Success will be evident in story conversion to user experience, highest-value delivery of functional and technical specifications, and the reduction of post-delivery incidents. Also provides input and ensures alignment/tracking with investment and capacity decisions.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible work environment, with telecommuting options
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Coordinate warehouse leadership and IT oversight to ensure application product activity is visible, transparent and clear to all stakeholders.
- Work with warehouse stakeholders to understand business processes, roadmaps and features to support functions such as receiving, picking, loading, yard management, inventory management, lot and shelf life tracking, food safety, safety, productivity/labor, etc. Translate roadmaps and features into user stories.
- Tracks investment, budget and capacity details and makes recommendations on changes based on business value opportunities.
- Leading activities related to agile software development methodologies, including sprint planning, scrums, backlog grooming and defect management.
- Identify opportunities to leverage applications to improve business processes, and support business re-engineering efforts within the warehouse department and cross-functionally across the business.
- Manage user acceptance criteria, validation processes, and user/system documentation.
- Analyze requirements for warehouse system functions in collaboration with multiple departments.
- Coordinates input and final agreement on business impact metrics from critical system incidents.
- Applies lean tools and thinking to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel to internal and industry events. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
Qualifications / Requirements
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Dot experience
- 3+ years of practical experience working with IT, warehouse, and other business departments
- Demonstrable experience in agile development environments, capturing and managing business requirements from variable functions/teams and data-driven decision making.
- Advanced understanding of business processes and practices in business operations, especially warehouse.
- Strong business analysis, project management and communication skills.
We’d Like You To Have:
- 3+ years of experience working in an actual warehouse environment.
- Familiarity with information architecture and creative disciplines.
- Experience with requirement/test/project management solutions, preferably JIRA.
- Solid understanding of the Dot Foods business model and internal processes
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.