Planning Dev Consultant, Branch Development Edward Jones
Location: Tempe, Arizona/STL and HBA
This role exists to help FAs progress through their lifecycle by providing tailored development, guidance, and direction to achieve their performance objectives.
Company Bio: Edward Jones
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Awards and Accolades
For the 19th year, Edward Jones was named one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For®” by FORTUNE magazine in its annual listing. The firm ranked No. 5 overall. These 19 FORTUNE rankings include top 10 finishes for 15 years, top 5 rankings for eight years and consecutive No. 1 rankings in 2002 and 2003.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
- For new FAs, this role acts as their informal leader: Operates as a one-point-of-contact for FAs including developing business strategies tailored to them, equipping them with resources to execute, and ultimately holding them accountable through the Performance Improvement Process and termination of employment if applicable. This role also provides strategic support to the Performance Leader to build regional health and retention strategies based on new FA needs and opportunities.
- For veteran FAs and branch teams, this role helps take their business to the next level by uncovering their vision, developing specific business plan strategies, and supporting their execution by equipping them with or referring them to resources. The role also supports leadership and business development programs, classes, and courses acquiring a thorough understanding of practice management best practices and training to meet individual needs
- Specific responsibilities of all FA audiences include:
- Gather, elicit, and synthesize all relevant data about the individual FA and the region such as their unique situation (e.g. branch vision and goals, prior experience, office/asset situation, branch diagnostics, market insights, etc.)
- Identify most impactful opportunities to bridge the gap between the FA's goals and current situation
- Work with the FA to co-create a business plan that focuses the FA on the best strategies to meet their goals, based on their unique situation and needs. Then arrive at themes to inform health and retention strategies at the regional level (new FA focus).
- Based on the FA's plan, connect them to the development resources needed to effectively execute their plan (training, SMEs, mentoring, coaching, etc.)
- For new FAs: Hold them accountable by placing them on a performance improvement plan and/or terminating their employment if required
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field preferred
- Series 7 and 66 required within 60 days of hire
- Travel required up to 10%
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services or sales required; preferably prior experience with direct interaction with financial advisors
- Leadership development experience preferred (experience applying a planning and development model, performance management, development guidance, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills: Ability to synthesize a large amount of data and navigate/integrate data from various sources
- Ability to leverage consulting skills to tailor an approach for each FA based on their unique situation.
- Uses excellent communication and listening skills including one-to-one and group sessions