Personal Banker Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 05
Location: 11901 Manchester Rd., Des Peres, Missouri 63131
Time Type: Full time
Our Personal Bankers are personable, goal-oriented, and have a passion for helping our customers improve their financial health. As a Personal Banker, you’ll gain valuable insight into banking and finance, while helping customers with their daily financial challenges. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’re looking for a new Personal Banker to join our team at our Natural Bridge location.
Personal Bankers are the key ambassadors of the Commerce Bank brand. In this retail banking role, you will develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with not only your customers but with your co-workers and other lines of business within Commerce. As a Personal Banker, your goal is to uncover the financial needs of each customer and educate them on solutions to address those needs.
• Receive the tools, resources, and training you need to be successful.
• Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience.
• Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
• Actively listen to our customers so you can make appropriate recommendations that match their needs.
• Establish relationships with internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified.
• Interact with customers both in-person and through proactive phone calls to ensure we are meeting their financial needs.
• Be able to earn more than your base pay through our quarterly incentive program.
Qualifications / Requirements
• High School diploma (or equivalent) is required
Preferred applicants will have:
• One or more years of experience in a sales position, preferably in the financial services industry
• Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly connect with customers
• Excellent customer service skills
• Great communication skills - verbally, in writing, and how you personally present yourself
• High attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong PC skills
• Effective organizational skills
• Ability to work most Saturdays
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize that report.
Position may be filled as a Personal Banker I or a Personal Banker II, depending on experience and education. As a Personal Banker II you will also be subject to National Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) registration under the terms of the S.A.F.E. Act of 2008. Incumbents in this position will be required to register and ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all requirements.