Personal Banker Commerce Bank
31639 Personal Banker
Job Category: Grade 05
Location: Clayton (8000 Forsyth)
Our Personal Bankers are personable, goal-oriented, and have a passion for helping our customers improve their financial health. As a Personal Banker, you’ll gain valuable insight into banking and finance, while helping customers with their daily financial challenges. You’ll be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding people for their talent, skills, and contributions. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’re looking for a new Personal Banker to join our team at our Clayton (8000 Forsyth) location.
Personal Bankers are the key ambassadors of the Commerce Bank brand. In this retail banking role, you will develop and maintain long lasting relationships with not only your customers, but with your co-workers and other lines of business within Commerce. As a Personal Banker, your goal is to uncover the financial needs of each customer and educate them on solutions to address those needs.
As a Personal Banker, you’ll:
- Receive the tools, resources, and training you need to be successful.
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience.
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Actively listen to our customers so you can make appropriate recommendations that match their needs.
- Establish relationships with internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified.
- Interact with customers both in person and through proactive phone calls to ensure we are meeting their financial needs.
- Be able to earn more than your base pay through our quarterly incentive program.
- Educate customers on a variety of retail products and digital solutions that enhance the customer experience
- Ensure financial transactions are completed accurately and efficiently, while complying with all policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements
- Actively listen to customers and make appropriate recommendations that match their needs
- Establish relationships with internal departments and refer customers to bank specialists when complex financial needs are identified
- Interact with customers both in person and through proactive phone calls to ensure their financial needs are being met
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to quickly connect with customers
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- 2+ years experience in a sales position within the financial services industry preferred
- Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals preferred
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce Bank to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you will be asked to authorize that report.
- « Previous Job: Brokerage Sales Assistant
- » Next Job: Administrative Internship Program – Spring/Summer 2023