Personal Banker Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 05
Location: 7910 Clayton Rd., St. Louis, Missouri 63117
Our Personal Bankers are personable, goal-oriented, and have a passion for helping our customers improve their financial health. As a Personal Banker, you’ll gain valuable insight into banking and finance, while helping customers with their daily financial challenges. You’ll be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding people for their talent, skills, and contributions. If this sounds like a fit for you, we’re looking for a new Personal Banker to join our team at our Richmond Heights location.
Personal Bankers are the key ambassadors of the Commerce Bank brand. In this retail banking role, you will develop and maintain long-lasting relationships with not only your customers, but with your co-workers and other lines of business within Commerce. As a Personal Banker, your goal is to uncover the financial needs of each customer and educate them on solutions to address those needs.
Company Bio: Commerce Bank
Wouldn’t it be great to build your career at a bank that’s known for helping people with their financial challenges? That’s exactly what you’d be doing when you join the team at Commerce Bank. We’re looking for teammates who are ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their everyday financial needs. You’d be helping yourself too, because Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we’ve been an industry leader for over 150 years and have developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial services world. If you’d like to be a part of a team and culture that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should talk. We’re always looking for the best and brightest.
- Answer customers phone requests regarding all digital banking products/services offered (Online banking and bill payment enrollments, bill payment/transfer assistance, POP money transfers, e-Statements, alerts, mobile banking)
- Identify the compatibility of customer operating systems and browsers with requirements for adequate use of the Online Banking product to support customer usage
- Achieve and maintain satisfactory call-related quality monitoring and efficiency goals
- Maintain current on policy and procedural updates to ensure the currency and accuracy of information provided customers
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls
- Identify risk-related issues and escalate
- Authenticates callers to ensure our customers and the Bank are protected from fraud attempts, identifies and takes additional steps as needed
- Learn new product group and meet performance standards for new product group
- Assists with escalated customer support
- Mentor and cross-train team members
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School diploma (or equivalent) is required
Preferred applicants will have:
- One or more years of experience in a sales position, preferably in the financial services industry
- Experience working in an environment with individual and team goals
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly connect with customers
- Excellent customer service skills
- Great communication skills - verbally, in writing, and how you personally present yourself
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong PC skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Ability to work most Saturdays
- « Previous Job: Institutional Business Development Officer
- » Next Job: Privately Held Business Manager – Commerce Trust Company