Patron Services Specialist COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
The Patron Services Specialist is a highly visible position that works on the front line at COCA to greet patrons, faculty and visitors. Additionally, this position provides leadership to facilitate a positive and safe experience for all who enter COCA. This position alternates between assigned shifts as the Desk Lead and as Floor Lead, to support and coordinate on-site and virtual programming logistics and field Registration inquiries.
Hourly rate: $13.50/hour
Company Bio: COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is a leading, multidisciplinary community arts organization committed to enriching lives and building community through the arts. As an innovative model for arts education and nationally accredited for artistic and educational excellence, COCA serves as a regional hub for learning in and through the arts for all ages from all backgrounds and skill levels. The organization was founded with the intention of being a place of artistic learning that would transcend the boundaries of geography, race, and class. COCA celebrates diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, artistic disciplines, and experiences, and believes everyone should have access to experience the arts. It has grown to become one of the most diverse cultural institutions in St. Louis, a position bolstered by a commitment to access and equity.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Desk Lead Duties:
- Enforce institutional policies and procedures to ensure a safe environment/event. Recommend additional ways to create a secure environment.
- Greet and engage students, guardians, faculty, patrons and building visitors in a friendly pro-active manner. Encourage feedback about their experience at COCA and promote other opportunities to participate.
- Be knowledgeable about the range of programs, productions, and events happening at COCA.
- Answer phones and direct in-person, phone call, and email inquiries.
- Provide administrative support to all COCA departments.
- Create and maintain daily schedule reports and public schedule displays.
- Provide support in locating last minute substitute faculty: contacting faculty, combining/cancelling class, and contacting students, faculty, accompanists, as needed.
- Send and receive packages and other items via UPS, FedEx, USPS, or courier
- Maintain professional appearance of the reception area by keeping area organized and stocked.
- Promote and sell COCA merchandise.
- Daily housekeeping duties.
- Support daily building operations and schedule.
- Communicate facility and operational issues to the Operations Support & Patron Services Manager to maintain a safe and clean environment.
Floor Lead Duties:
- Open and/or close the building according to procedure.
- Routinely walk the COCA facility to ensure a clean and safe environment for visitors and students
- Setup/teardown/move equipment, as needed.
- Use electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to sanitize studios and high-touch surfaces, following COCA’s programming/cleaning schedule.
- Routinely stock and organize hospitality stations throughout building.
- Organize, prep, and stock studios prior to the start of each semester and maintain and organized and safe environment at all times.
- Facilitate emergency procedures, as needed (weather emergencies, medical emergencies, etc.).
- Ensure on-site and virtual programming begins/ends on time.
- Send virtual links to Faculty and registered students, as requested.
- Troubleshoot virtual programming problems and equipment, both over the phone and in person.
- Serve as the first line of defense for on-site and virtual issues during peak programming hours (evenings and weekends).
- Provide customer service and support regarding classes/camps/performances.
- Communicate schedule, room, and operations related information to faculty.
- Provide registration support by offering guidance to families and students interested in COCA’s programming, and answering questions about COCA’s classes, camps, workshops, pricing, financial assistance, and the registration process.
- Work cross-departmentally to support on-site activity.
- Assist in calling students should a class need to be cancelled.
- Manage finding substitute instructors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, required
• Minimum 1 year of Customer Service experience, required.
• Understanding of and/or passion for the arts, arts administration and/or non-profit work preferred.
• A commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Must have organizational skills, able to multi-task, be self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet deadlines
• Willingness to take on administrative/operational tasks as needed
• Adaptable and able to creative problem solve
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once/multitask
• Ability to work collaboratively with a team
• Basic technology troubleshooting skills
• Great people skills, initiative and enthusiasm
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Ability to lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds.
• Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
• Ability to navigate stairs
• Ability to work daytime, evening and weekend hours required.
• COCA Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
• COCA highly recommends all employees, students, patrons and guests to remain masked at all times. Masks are not required.
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.