Paralegal Dot Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: Associate Legal Counsel
As a paralegal, you assist the attorneys in the legal department with the preparation of legal documents, filings, and legal research. To be successful in this position, you must have impeccable attention to detail, be a self-starter, and have great written and spoken communication skills.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
WHO WE ARE
Dot Foods makes products more accessible and affordable to the food industry. We add efficiency to the supply chain and build strong partnerships with distributors, suppliers, and operators. Our company was created on a foundation of respect and dependability. People who are open to input, ask questions, embrace diversity, and seek innovative solutions thrive here.
WHAT DOT CAN OFFER YOU
As a family-owned and operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture. We make everyone feel included and respected. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
• Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and profit-sharing
• Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Assist in drafting and proofing legal documents.
- Draft, file and manage various business filings.
- Research federal and state law updates to make changes to contracts or company policies.
- Assist attorneys by investigating facts for responses to adverse claims.
- Handle general contract inquiries and other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
Qualifications / Requirements
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Associate degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to handle highly confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent research, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal Certification or accreditation
- Paralegal experience
- Effective time management skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Ability to effectively present complex topics in a concise manner
- Starting Wage: $20.90/hr. depending on qualifications and experience
- Occasional overnight travel required. Must have ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train for customer/vendor calls, training, or meetings.
- Schedule: Monday – Friday
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.