Orientation & Mobility Specialist (O&M) MTM Inc.
The Orientation & Mobility Specialist (O&M) will create and provide intensive, one-to-one individualized training with the goal of an individual’s independent travel on public transportation. The O&M will assess abilities, make determinations and teach a wide range of travel skills in the field, including trip planning, street crossing, bus familiarization, map and schedule reading, and emergency and safety skills on public transportation.
This position is located in St. Louis, MO.
CURRENTLY OFFERING A $5000 SIGN-ON BONUS!
Company Bio: MTM Inc.
MTM and MTM Transit are healthcare and transportation management companies whose mission is to collaborate with clients in developing innovative solutions for accessing healthcare, increasing independence, and connecting community resources in the most cost-effective manner. As the nation's most trusted partners in removing community barriers, we prioritize the wellbeing of the communities we serve through philanthropy. Nationwide, our diverse employee base is always willing to give back and contribute. As a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council, we are committed to maintaining and empowering a diverse workforce.
Simply put, we are passionate about what we do and it shows. MTM has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades, including Mogul's Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion (2017). The St. Louis Business Journal Healthiest Employers (2020), Best Places to Work (2019), Fastest-Growing Private Companies (2017), Top Family-Owned Business (2016) and Top Five Largest Women-Owned Business (2020)
- Complete in-person intake and assessment for appropriateness of transportation
- Determine final eligibility based on the in-person intake meeting and results of the assessment(s)
- Develop a personalized plan of instruction for members based on their ability level and the goals of the individual
- Implement a personalized one-on-one plan and provide individualized field training
- Conduct follow-up with individuals following training
- Complete all reports and paperwork including but not limited to initial intake, goal setting and plan progressive evaluation
- Build rapport and communicate with family and the natural support network of the individual
- Communicate with teachers, parents, and caregivers to provide feedback on the curriculum and training schedule
- Submit timely, accurate required reports
- Maintain a positive attitude when interacting with individuals and their caregivers
- Provide high-quality customer service
- Assist with Travel Training Trip Training and Orientation cases (non-O&M cases) when O&M waitlist is at an appropriate length
- Field training includes but is not limited to:
- Trip planning/route and scout
- Schedule trainings at the time and location of the specific routes requested
- Instruct individuals on the importance of safety in independent travel, transit skills, self-advocacy, and how to handle emergency situations
- Instruct individuals on how to travel routes including navigation and way-finding strategies to use, including when lost or confused while traveling
- Create tools to help individuals learn skills
- Establish collaborative relationships with other professionals
- Must conform to MTM’s HIPAA standards
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
All you need is...
- Certification through the Academy for Certification of Vision Rehabilitation & Education Professionals, the National Blindness Professional Certification Board or a similarly regarded organization
- Minimum of two years of experience relating to the provision of services to people with vision disabilities; preferably in a training capacity
- Travel training experience preferred
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with the public transit system preferred
Even better if you have...
- Knowledge of ADA regulations
- Demonstrated experience in interviewing and providing ongoing assessment of customers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above with Microsoft Office Suite products, including Outlook, Word & Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to interact and communicate to a wide range of audiences
- Ability to work flexible hours in all weather conditions
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Health and Life Insurance Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Birthday Holiday
- Casual Dress Environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MTM Perks Discount Program
- Milestone Anniversary One Month Sabbatical
- Leadership Mentoring Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer: MTM is an equal opportunity employer. MTM considers qualified candidates with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, State, and Federal law. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact People & Culture at (636) 561-5686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.