Mortgage Banker – Inside Sales Commerce Bank
Location: KC Downtown Trust Building (922 Walnut)
The main purpose of this job is to service new customers to Commerce Bank and existing clients with their home financing needs by providing the optimal customer experience and delivering personal service.
Time Type: Full time
- Analyze applicants’ financial status, creditworthiness, and property evaluation to determine the eligibility and feasibility of granting home loans
- Provide financing options and customized solutions by conducting a deep dive analysis of the application, credit profile, financials, etc. and ensuring options offered fit within the guidelines of the lending/sellers guide(s) by product type (FHA/VA, Conv, HELOC)
- Pre-underwrite files to obtain and analyze documentation, in a timely fashion, regarding employment, credit, income, assets and collateral
- Verify documentation meets Commerce Bank Mortgage, Investor and Agency standards prior to submission
- Manage and deliver best in class client care to a large active loan pipeline in a pre-funded status
- Manage and deliver best in class client care to a large active lead pipeline of clients utilizing the lead management data base
- Maintain continual, consistent, and open communication with all appropriate parties to the transaction in accordance with current Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and industry regulations to ensure a timely closing that exceeds the client’s expectations
- Consistently document the lead management system and loan origination system with: client communications/expectations, time lines, next steps, action items, owners of the actions, loan condition needs
- Provide customer/conversion feedback to leadership, marketing, secondary marketing and technology teams
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Intermediate knowledge of mortgage industry guidelines
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to manage and meet multiple origination and processing deadlines
- Ability to work overtime at peak volume times as determined by Commerce management
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Advanced level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in Business Administration or Finance, or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience in first and second mortgage loan origination – including Conventional FHA/VA, construction to permanent, and secondary financing required
- Experience working in a sales role within a call center team environment preferred
- Experience with mortgage loan origination/processing and automated underwriting systems (preferably Encompass loan origination, Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae’s automated underwriting systems) preferred
For this position, federal regulations require Commerce to prepare an investigatory consumer report which will disclose credit history. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize that report.
***For individuals applying, assigned and/or hired to work in areas with pay transparency requirements, Commerce is required by law to include a reasonable estimate of the compensation range for this role. This compensation range is for the Mortgage Banker – Inside Sales I, II, III & Senior job and contemplates a wide range of factors that are considered in determining most appropriate job level and making compensation decisions, including but not limited to location, skill sets, education, relevant experience and training, licensure and certifications, and other business and organizational needs. The disclosed range estimate has not been adjusted for the applicable geographic differential associated with the location at which the position may be filled. At Commerce, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role, and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each situation. A reasonable estimate of the current base salary range is $25,000 to $49,000. Depending on the job level, this position will be eligible for additional compensation through performance-based incentive plan(s) that will correspond to meeting performance goals. The candidate selected for this position may be eligible for the following employment benefits: employer sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), life insurance, paid vacation, and paid personal time. In addition, we offer career development, education assistance, and voluntary supplemental benefits. Click here to learn more.
- « Previous Job: Fraud Specialist – BankCard (Nights)
- » Next Job: Commercial Banking Portfolio Manager