Life Coach for Online Undergraduates Maryville University
Life Coach for Online Undergraduates is a new and exciting full-time opportunity in the Office of Career Success & Professional Development within the Student Success Division, focused on coaching online undergraduate students through a successful acclimation to, through and beyond Maryville University. The Coaching Team for online undergraduates will develop an innovative, outcomes-driven, and virtual community of constant and immediate support for students throughout their Maryville experience and beyond.
- Deliver proactive and personalized academic support, career and learning diagnostic coaching with online undergraduate students.
- Assist students in understanding their strengths (StrengthsQuest), as well as where and how to leverage them for a successful academic experience and future career
- Develop a career action plan with students, teaching best practices and search skills necessary to succeed in a competitive job market, and enhancing their professional digital identity and personal brand
- Create and initiate high-level, digital, and scalable support designed for the online learner. Assist students in reaching their academic and professional goals. (e.g. online workshops and tutoring, texts, push notifications, blogs, podcasts, etc.)
- Serve as a key player for online undergraduate students by developing positive relationships and partnerships with students, faculty, staff, alumni, and employers and actively facilitating connections for students with these partners
- Work closely with the School of Adult and Online Education to provide consistent messaging and support to students
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in a variety of industries in order to develop and deliver the most relevant academic and career support to students
- Assist in the tracking and reporting of internship and post-graduate outcome data
- Be an active contributor and complete additional projects and duties as they relate to the success of students and the progress of the Student Success Division and Maryville University
- Maintain thorough and accurate student information on academic progress, career goals, learning diagnostics, internship participation, retention, graduation, and post-graduate plans using case-management in Salesforce
- Serve as an admin and developer in our Career Success Management Software (Symplicity)
- Work extended and/or flexible hours, from home or multiple sites, including nights and weekends will be required
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor degree
- Commitment and dedication to student success
- Exemplary customer service skills, including prompt follow up and positive attitude
- Ability to synthesize and take action on complex information
- Ability to share goal-oriented, future-focused and action-driven planning strategies/techniques
- Skills to professionally represent the university to diverse constituencies
- Impeccable communication skills, particularly ability to develop one on one relationships with students, parents, faculty and other staff
- Ability to work on multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Interest and passion for being a member of a student-centered team
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient with computer applications and word processing software.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Minimum one to two years of experience in a higher education institution with preference for academic affairs, student affairs, student services, and/or counseling.
- Familiarity with cognitive development theory of college-age students and/or career development theory
- Experience developing a personalized learning approach to foster student success using learning diagnostic tools (Clifton Strengths, College Student Inventory, etc.)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, database software, and student information systems
Extended and/or flexible hours, from home or multiple sites, including nights and weekends will be required.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
An offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug and background screening.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff and termination.