Leave & Benefits Administrators – Two Openings Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is hiring two Leave & Benefits Administrators to be located at the Corporate Headquarters in Clayton, MO (St. Louis area). The position(s) is responsible for operational day–to-day administration of our employee benefits programs – Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Products, Disability Plans, Flexible Spending Plans, COBRA, and FMLA. This position(s) will ensure that all plans are administered in accordance with all federal and state regulations and all plan provisions are followed.
Company Bio: Olin Corporation
Olin Corporation is a leading vertically-integrated global manufacturer of chemical products and a leading U.S. manufacturer of ammunition. Olin is the world’s leading producer of chlor alkali products and vinyls, the number one supplier of epoxy materials, the number one global seller of membrane caustic soda and chlorinated organics and the number one North American seller of chlorine, bleach and hydrochloric acid. Winchester's principal manufacturing facilities produce and distribute sporting ammunition, law enforcement ammunition, reloading components, small caliber military ammunition and components and industrial cartridges.
- Responsible for the daily administration of all health and welfare benefit plans, including but not limited to eligibility, enrollment, changes and termination of benefits.
- Administer all health and welfare benefit plans consistent with the plans’ documentation and other regulatory and eligibility requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring employee and benefits census to ensure enrollees are eligible for benefits and are adequately notified of such eligibility and the enrollment process.
- Act as an advocate/liaison to the insurance carriers or Olin benefit managers as necessary, to resolve elevated associate issues. Resolve and track internal “customer” issues. Proactively identify trends and recommend solutions before additional problems occur.
- Assist in the coordination of annual open enrollment planning, communication and roll out between HR, employees and vendors.
- Assist in the coordination of various compliance tests and audits as required.
- Provide support to HR team, carriers, and employees on all benefit related issues and inquiries.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the leave and disability programs under the general direction and guidance of the Manager, Benefits & Executive Compensation.
- Act as primary liaison between third party leave administrator, employees, supervisors and Olin medical.
- Maintain working knowledge of short and long-term disability leave programs, FMLA, regulatory and legal standards and apply concepts accordingly.
- Serve as resource for Labor negotiations data/information requests or for labor relations arbitration (if needed) or grievance admin process.
- Maintain accurate employee benefit records and perform tasks to ensure the accuracy of FMLA and personal leave records are captured in Kronos and PeopleSoft.
Qualifications / Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associates Degree* preferred
- Minimum of 2 years Benefits Administration experience required
- Minimum of 1 year Disability Leave program and FMLA administration experience required
- Prior PeopleSoft and Kronos experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) required
- Ability to demonstrated strong customer service skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision
*Degree must be from a school that is accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the Secretary of Education of the U.S. Department of Education or equivalent program from an international university.
Olin does not provide any form of sponsorship to applicants not authorized to work in the US.
Olin is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.