Lead Software Engineer – Warehouse Dot Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or St. Louis, MO
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: Application Development Manager or Director of Application Development
WHO YOU ARE
You’re a creative, a visionary, a tech-wiz. You think logically but also dream up ideas outside of the box. You are curious, empathetic, and enjoy leading people. As an excellent troubleshooter, you foresee problems and foster cooperation to meet obstacles with a strategic plan. If this sounds like you, Dot Foods wants you on our team.
As Lead Software Engineer for the Warehouse Application Development team, you will lead, coach, and mentor IT professionals in an Agile software development methodology, including self-organization and cross-functionality, to create high value products while maintaining quality system performance.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
Dot Foods makes products more accessible and affordable to the food industry. We add efficiency to the supply chain and build strong partnerships with distributors, suppliers, and operators. Our company was created on a foundation of respect and dependability. People who are open to input, ask questions, embrace diversity, and seek innovative solutions thrive here.
As a family-owned and-operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture. We make everyone feel included and respected. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
- Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and profit-sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
- People Development - recruiting, hiring, onboarding, and coaching employees for success
- Collaborate with Key Stakeholders from the business, working closely or as Product Owners and Product Managers to deliver value against roadmap and ensure that goals, scope, and product domain are understood by all
- Monitor the performance of team and drive change that increases the productivity of the team
- Increase the effectiveness of the team through the application of Agile practices
- Facilitate change management process within IT and the organization
- Lead issue and problem resolution by evaluating potential risks and alternative solutions
- Participate in IT services expense budget and technology spend for the areas of the business supported
- Participate in vendor relationships
- Participate in long term planning for supported products including roadmap, metrics, and resource planning
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
- Some nights and weekends with on call availability to support business needs
- Occasional overnight travel required. Must have ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train for customer/vendor calls, training, or meetings.
Qualifications / Requirements
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field, or equivalent Dot Experience
- 4+ years of proven experience in information technology
- Demonstrable experience in agile development environments
- Strong business analysis, project management and communication skills
YOU MAY ALSO HAVE
- Familiarity with information architecture and creative disciplines
- Experience with requirement/test/project management solutions, preferably JIRA.
- Solid understanding of the Dot Foods business model and internal processes
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Innovative, creating thinking with a process improvement focus
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Application deadline: July 17, 2022