Lead Industrial Designer Emerson Tool Company
Emerson Tool Company is seeking a Lead Industrial Designer to manage Industrial Design for new product development programs. This will include aesthetics, ergonomics, trade dress and graphics. You will work in an exciting, cross-functional design environment, with a company that financially recognizes patentable contributions.
Company Bio: Emerson Tool Company
Emerson Tool Company is located on the beautiful 200+ acre Emerson Headquarters campus with indoor and outdoor fitness facilities and full-service cafeterias on site. We are located in St. Louis, MO- a thriving metropolitan area with ample recreation, a great independent restaurant scene and desirable cost of living.
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership. Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave. Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!
AS A LEAD INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER:
- You will create new concept themes for product visual appearance to capture and maintain market interest/awareness with a mind to careful integration of mechanical and electrical innovations that address both met and unmet user needs
- You will actively participate on the global R&D/Technology team to ideate new products, features and commercial strategies
- You will participate in the development of market research data, and interpret and incorporate that data to create highly desirable products for our customers
- You will ensure a consistent product design language with regard to styling, trade dress, graphics and packaging
- You will be a subject matter expert on current trends in Industrial Design and make adjustments to the product line as necessary to keep ahead of the competition
- You will prepare applications for Industrial Design Awards, including photos, video, application forms, specification sheets, etc, and represent the company at award shows
- You will manage contracts and relationships with outside Industrial Design firms to provide services to supplement the in-house Industrial Design functions, as necessary, to keep up with the new product programs
- You will prepare and/or manage the development of ID drawings and appearance models for new products
- You will manage the outside Industrial Design Research projects, such as collaborative university ID studios, that are conducted
Qualifications / Requirements
WHO YOU ARE:
- You identify opportunities that benefit the customer and build and deliver the right solutions
- You balance the interests of multiple stakeholders in the interest of a common goal
- You enjoy coming up with useful ideas that are new, better, and unique
- You build excitement in others to explore creative new options
- You are effective and understand the customers to develop the best products possible
- You remain energized and effective even when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty
- You achieve the trust and support of others to be part of an effective team
- You have a proven track record of converting ideas into actions and producing results with new initiatives
REQUIRED Education, Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 5 plus years of experience designing high volume durable consumer products, preferably appliances and/or tools, with a knowledge of manufacturing and molding
- An artistic aptitude including strong conceptual sketching and rendering skills; the ability to create drawings both manually and with computer/CAD systems
- Prior 3D modeling experience, preferably in a CAD environment
- High level of communication skills both verbal and written. Must be able to interact and communicate with cross functional groups as well as employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
- All applicants must provide resume and links or images of past design work
PREFERRED Education, Experience & Skills:
- Experience managing other employees and/or project teams
- An interest in hands-on DIY projects
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to email@example.com.
Emerson Tool Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other factor unlawful under applicable laws or regulations. We are committed to providing a workplace free from any discrimination or harassment.
- « Previous Job: Senior Producer, On-Demand and Content Partnerships
- » Next Job: Open Positions