Investment Analyst Lockton
The Investment Analyst will work in Lockton’s Retirement Services practice. This practice specializes in employer-sponsored retirement plans. Our comprehensive approach to partnering with clients helps them attract and retain employees in a compliant manner. As trusted partners, we work with more than 1200+ qualified, non-qualified and executive benefit plans that account for more than $60 billion in assets. We focus on fiduciary risk management, which includes compliance services, investment services, vendor management and pension risk services. Our executive benefits and non-qualified plan services assist clients in recognizing and rewarding key executives, reducing turnover, as well as minimizing risk associated with business succession.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Midwest Investment Strategist in Lockton Retirement Services on a wide variety of projects including investment analysis on mutual funds and other research as needed.
Company Bio: Lockton
Lockton is a global professional services firm with 7,500 Associates who advise clients on protecting their people, property and reputations. Lockton has grown to become the world's largest privately held, independent insurance broker by helping clients achieve their business objectives. Check out the latest insights from Lockton's experts.
A few reasons Associates love working at Lockton include:
- Opportunities for growth and advancement, including paid training and professional development.
- 12-week paid parental leave.
- A huge emphasis on community involvement.
- Frequent athletic and wellness events.
- Incredibly generous rewards; US Associates receive a Rolex for their 10-year anniversary!
- Take the lead on quarterly investment reporting, using our proprietary system, for 150+ clients.
- Assist in managing Lockton’s proprietary investment analytics tool, while making continual improvements including Target Date, Multi-Alternative, and Stable Value.
- Research and recommend investment mutual fund for inclusion in Plans.
- Take lead responsibility on assigned asset classes and support other analysts with other asset classes.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all major fund families, plan provider separate accounts and unique investment products/ programs.
- Provide periodic reports to service teams assessing results of a risk analysis.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of the financial market and economy impacting retirement programs, including both defined benefit and defined contribution plans.
- Lead client specific projects and present results at client meetings.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in business related program or equivalent education and/or work experience.
- 3 or more years of investment experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Strong technical excel skills including VBA knowledge a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of the financial markets and economy required.
- Ability/willingness to interact with fund managers, plan providers, and other vendors on a professional level to address issues that produce optimum results in a timely manner.
- Must have the ability to design, author, or create written materials that support investment services efforts.
- Organizational and time management skills to prioritize workloads to meet time sensitive deadlines required. Must be results-oriented with the ability to change priorities as needed.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills to interact with associates at all levels of responsibility, along with the ability to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
Lockton Companies, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. As a privately held company, we offer a competitive compensation and benefits package reflecting our commitment to attracting and retaining great individuals. This includes health and dental coverage, which begins on your first day of work, 401(k) with match and immediate vesting, a competitive vacation plan and unrivaled career advancement opportunities.
Lockton is known throughout the insurance industry as an entrepreneurial, progressive and successful insurance broker. As a result of continued individual and group accomplishments, Lockton has a record of steady and substantial growth. If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering unparalleled service, Lockton is interested in hearing from you.