International Category Manager Dot Foods
Location: Chesterfield, MO, Mt. Sterling, IL, or Remote
Department: Savor Imports
Reports To: Director of Business Development
Company Bio: Dot Foods
What Can Dot Offer You?
As a family-owned and -operated company for over 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
• Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
• Significant advancement opportunities
Your Role: Responsible for vendor development and management, product sourcing and category management for a specific group of Savor imported product
• Develop sourcing and category strategies based on financial and growth expectations, customer needs, product trends, and competitive landscape
• Align and manage product pricing to Savor’s brand strategy
• Manage vendor relationships and sourcing strategies to maximize profitability
• Meet company inventory and service level objectives
• Develop and coordinate communication, education and sales initiatives to motivate sales behavior
• Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position
• Full-time; Monday-Friday. May require 5-10 hours of work per week during non-traditional work hours due to international time zone differences.
• Ability to independently travel as needed (50-65 nights per year of international travel), without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor Degree or equivalent Dot Foods’ experience
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Detail-oriented with strong analytical, problem-solving, and deductive reasoning skills
We’d Like You To Have:
• 3+ years of international procurement experience
• Proficient with international logistics
• Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.