Internal Auditor/Compliance Coordinator Dot Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: Tax Manager & Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Your Role: To further develop Dot’s internal auditing processes by performing a risk assessment and developing an annual audit plan. You will periodically assist in updating the internal audit charter and then conduct internal audits of key processes and significant transactions in order to evaluate the effectiveness of controls, suggest areas for improvement, and mitigate risks. You will have a focus on operations, finance, compliance, and risk management in all areas of the business. In addition, you will also manage corporate compliance filings in conjunction with the Tax Department.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, 401k and profit-sharing
• Significant advancement opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
- Execute annual audit plan approved by the Audit Committee, and report findings and recommendations
- Perform overall companywide risk assessment and determine priority areas of focus
- Perform specific operational, financial, and systems audit procedures and document results
- Evaluate all audit information, including, but not limited to, transactions, documents, data records and reports for accuracy and reasonableness
- Identify major risks and evaluate effectiveness of existing controls, while recommending improvements
- Assess follow up and compliance with changes in process and internal controls
- Oversee and coordinate management responses to audit outcomes
- Coordinate with external audit teams regarding field work
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the business
• Travel: Regular overnight travel, averaging 3 nights per month to Dot distribution centers, company meetings, and trainings/conferences.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent Dot experience
- Ability to analyze complex processes and problems
- Strong attention-to-detail
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- 5 years Accounting, Finance or Operations experience
- Successful Internal Audit experience
- CPA or CIA certification
- A natural curiosity to learn and understand details
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.