Intern-Risk Lockton Companies
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton Midwest is looking for summer interns to join our Risk Practice. During our comprehensive 10-week program, Risk interns will be embedded in various Property and Casualty teams where they will contribute to real work for our clients through delivery of effective solutions. Working alongside our Associates allows interns to experience our caring diverse culture and at the same time, grow their business skills.
Rewards of being a Risk Intern at Lockton:
- Join a class of high-potential future professionals
- Direct exposure to a career path that offers tremendous growth opportunity
- Robust collaborative training working with real clients
- Hybrid work environment
- Multiple one on one coaching sessions including meaningful feedback
- Networking opportunities and social activities
- Partnership with a summer mentor managing your daily workload as we consult with our clients
- Opportunity to give back to local communities via a collaborative charitable service day
Business unit: Midwest Series
Job type: Standard
Company Bio: Lockton Companies
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
- Throughout the 10 weeks interns will meet with multiple Lockton Associates, Producers, and carrier partners while being exposed to the following:
- Partnering with Lockton account teams on key initiatives and day to day servicing projects related to new and renewal business.
- Theme week approach offering a wholistic view of the Broker responsibilities including comprehensive training in all facets of our business and a variety of our specialty verticals.
- Participating in off-site carrier visits and client presentations.
- Making a positive contribution to client satisfaction and constantly strive to improve service to the clients.
- Communicating in a positive manner to contribute to a cohesive, pleasant work environment.
- Check out a day in the life of a Risk intern here!
Qualifications / Requirements
- Status as a currently enrolled student, scheduled to graduate Winter 2024 or Spring 2025
- Legal right to work in the United States
- Lockton is open to all majors
- Comfortable working in Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong customer service, communication, and project management skills
*Housing is not provided by Lockton; Securing housing is students responsibility.