Intern-Financial Analyst Lockton Companies
At Lockton, we’re passionate about helping our people achieve their ultimate potential. Our people are curious, action-oriented and always striving to make ourselves and those around us better. We’re active listeners working to ensure understanding and problem solvers developing innovative solutions. If you can see yourself delivering excellent service to clients, giving back to our communities and being a part of our caring culture, you belong here.
Lockton is looking for summer Interns to join our Financial team.
During our comprehensive 10-week program, Financial Analyst Interns will be embedded in teams, supporting the delivery of service and solutions for our clients. Working alongside our Associates allows Interns to experience our caring, diverse culture, develop business acumen, and grow their technical and soft skills. Interns will receive training on employee benefits and the insurance industry, Lockton tools and resources, and a variety of essential consulting skills.
Rewards of being an Employee Benefits Intern at Lockton:
- Exposure to a career path that offers tremendous growth opportunity
- Multiple one-on-one coaching sessions
- Networking opportunities with clients, teams, and carrier partners
- Partnership with a summer mentor to manage daily workload
- Opportunity to give back to local communities through volunteer events
Business unit: Midwest Series
Job type: Standard
Company Bio: Lockton Companies
Lockton is the largest privately held independent insurance brokerage in the world. Since 1966, our independence has allowed us to serve our clients, take care of our people and give back to our communities. As such, our 10,000+ Associates doing business in over 100 countries are empowered to do what’s right every day.
At Lockton, we believe in the power of all people. You belong at Lockton.
- Support team with an active book of business for a wide variety of clients
- Present to a client at a minimum of one meeting
- Participate in comprehensive training program to learn the fundamentals of employee benefits consulting
- Assist with various projects such as benefits renewal analysis and requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Support monthly client financial reporting and benchmarking exhibits that compare a client's benefit offering against normative data
- Become familiar with contracts, communications materials, and company cost sharing strategies
Qualifications / Requirements
- Status as a currently enrolled student
- Student must have completed Junior Year Studies (Internship to be completed the summer prior to entering Senior Fall Semester) and are planning on graduating in the spring of 2024 or fall of 2023
- Major in actuarial science, insurance, finance, statistics, economics, business, or other analytical field of study
- Excellent computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheet expertise. Familiarity with PowerPoint and Excel preferred
- Ability to complete simple mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
- Strong customer service skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to prioritize effectively
- Legal right to work in the United States
**Housing is not provided by Lockton; Securing housing is the responsibility of the Intern.