HR Coordinator COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator, reporting to the Director of HR, is responsible for completing administrative duties for the HR department. This individual assists the Director of HR with recruitment, maintaining employee records, and providing administrative support to all employees.
St Louis, MO, US
Salary Range:$18.5000 To 20.0000 Hourly
Company Bio: COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is a leading, multidisciplinary community arts organization committed to enriching lives and building community through the arts. As an innovative model for arts education and nationally accredited for artistic and educational excellence, COCA serves as a regional hub for learning in and through the arts for all ages from all backgrounds and skill levels. The organization was founded with the intention of being a place of artistic learning that would transcend the boundaries of geography, race, and class. COCA celebrates diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, artistic disciplines, and experiences, and believes everyone should have access to experience the arts. It has grown to become one of the m diverse cultural institutions in St. Louis, a position bolstered by a commitment to access and equity.
COCA offers a robust benefits package that includes:
• Health Covering, including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account (HSA) and company paid Life Insurance and Short & Long Term Disability coverage.
• Paid time off and fourteen (14) paid holidays.
• Complimentary tickets to COCA shows, subject to availability.
• Camps & classes discounts.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Performs customer service functions and assist with all internal and external HR related inquires or requests.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Assists with new-employee, re-hired employee, and independent contractor background checks.
- Conducts audits of payroll, employee files, or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Review, track, and document compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
- Assists with the preparation of the 90-Day Review, Compensation Review & Performance Review process.
- Manages COCA Career center and other recruitment tactics. Researches and posts to new job boards.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process:
- Tracks status of candidates in HRIS.
- Performs reference checks
- Issues offer letters.
- Responds with follow-up emails at the end of the recruiting process.
- Schedules meetings, interviews & HR events as requested by the Director of HR.
- Assist with new hire orientations & faculty orientations.
- Help coordinate training sessions.
- Assist with payroll and ad-hoc HR projects.
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new employee or re-hired employee files and communications.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Assist with the documentation of internal HR processes and maintain existing HR process documents.
- Processes mail.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
Education and/ or Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant professional experience required.
- One (1) plus year of Human Resources experience preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite or related software.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Working understanding of human resource principles, practices and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Ability to carry up to 20 pounds
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- COCA Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus, unless you have a medical or religious exemption.
- See COCA's Health & Safety Protocols: https://www.cocastl.org/our-campus/health-safety-procedures/
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.