House Manager COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
COCA House Managers, reporting directly to the Audience Services & Rentals Manager are an integral part of COCA Presents shows, COCA’s Pre-Professional produced shows and many other shows and events. They are the front-line representative of COCA and should provide the highest level of customer service to patrons, donors, guests and anyone else that is coming to COCA.
Hourly Rate: $13.50/hour
Company Bio: COCA (Center of Creative Arts)
COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is a leading, multidisciplinary community arts organization committed to enriching lives and building community through the arts. As an innovative model for arts education and nationally accredited for artistic and educational excellence, COCA serves as a regional hub for learning in and through the arts for all ages from all backgrounds and skill levels. The organization was founded with the intention of being a place of artistic learning that would transcend the boundaries of geography, race, and class. COCA celebrates diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, artistic disciplines, and experiences, and believes everyone should have access to experience the arts. It has grown to become one of the most diverse cultural institutions in St. Louis, a position bolstered by a commitment to access and equity.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
• Represent COCA for the COCA Presents shows, COCA’s produced shows, COCA fundraisers and/or special events.
• Ensure the safety and comfort of patrons including adjusting temperature, resolving seating issues, etc.
• Work as a liaison between COCA staff, ushers, performers, technicians and the public.
• Be familiar with COCA’s emergency procedures in case of patron accident, fire, inclement weather, etc. and executing said procedures, if necessary.
• Be familiar with COCA’s theatrical polices and seating charts.
• Prepare the Front-of-House for patron arrival and perform checks on the House prior to House open.
• Trains all ushers and places them at necessary posts (handing out programs, taking tickets, seating patrons).
• Collaborate with the Production Manager/COCA staff and technicians on the house open, production start times and intermissions.
• Address any patron needs with or without the assistance of the on-duty Facility Supervisor, Patron Services or other COCA team members.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Previous experience in front of house or theatrical management preferred.
• Customer service experience is required.
• Ability to problem solve, be flexible, imaginative, and innovative.Physical Demands & Work Environment:
• Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand instruction.
• Ability to stand and circulate for extended periods of time.
• Ability to bend, twist, stoop, kneel and reach in all directions.
• Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Availability to work nights and weekends, dependent upon COCA’s Production Season.
- COCA Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus.
- COCA highly recommends all employees, students, patrons and guests to remain masked at all times. Masks are not required.
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.