Graphic Designer Dot Foods
Location: St. Louis, MO or Mt. Sterling, IL
Department: Brand Marketing
Reports To: Creative Services Manager
You aren’t afraid of white space. You have a keen eye for images that tell a story. You cringe at the sight of too many fonts. If you have a passion for graphic design coursing through your veins, we have the job for you at Dot Foods. As a graphic designer, you will capture job seekers’ attention through crafting content across various mediums.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
Dot Foods makes products more accessible and affordable to the food industry. We streamline the supply chain and build valuable partnerships with distributors, suppliers, and operators. Our company was created on a foundation of respect and dependability. People who are open to input, ask questions, embrace diversity, and seek innovative solutions thrive here.
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture. We make everyone feel included and respected. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive compensation package, including bonuses for successful performance
- Extensive benefits including medical, dental, 401k, and profit-sharing
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercises and promotes safe behaviors, and shows unyielding support of programs, rules, and policies regarding safety.
- Design and contribute to various projects including printed marketing materials (brochures, postcards, etc.), social content, PowerPoint presentations, digital campaigns, website content, custom emails, and more
- Manage multiple high-priority tasks, your day-to-day schedule, and meet deadlines
- Design thoughtful, engaging content from concept to completion
- Implement feedback from multiple parties within deadlines
- Work collaboratively and respectfully with creative teams and other departments
- Work with print vendors to obtain quotes, meet deadlines, and ensure materials are printed to brand standards
- Be responsible for any photo research and image editing
- Stay current on marketing, communication and graphic design trends
- Push yourself to constantly improve the user experience and challenge the status quo
Occasional overnight travel required.
Qualifications / Requirements
YOU MUST HAVE
- An awesome portfolio.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, art or a related field with 3+ years of experience in a graphic designer position
- A great understanding of standard design practices, with a solid sense of typography, color theory, and grid system
- Expertise with standard design and presentation tools, such as Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated success in cross-team collaboration
- A willingness to learn marketing strategies, such as agile marketing and journey mapping
- Humility and recognition that you don't have all the answers
- Adaptability and an enthusiasm for continuous learning
- Creativity, imagination, and a sense of humor
ADDITIONALLY YOU MAY HAVE
- Working knowledge of content and social media marketing
- Working knowledge of web and social media ad placement
- Writing, video editing, social media monitoring, and web design skills
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.
Application Deadline: April 14, 2022