Executive Director Junior League of St. Louis
The JLSL is seeking an experienced and dynamic Executive Director to support the long-term strategic vision of the organization. This role will report to the volunteer leadership President & Board of Governance, This individual will split their time equally between three key areas: Fund Development, Operational Leadership, and Membership Engagement.
The Executive Director leads staff and collaborates with volunteer leaders, members, and community partners to build on past success, while forging new partnerships and relationships with community leaders, related organizations and major donors. The Executive Director will hold operational responsibility for human resources and financial management, including engagement/fundraising, community relations, program operations, strategy and support.
The Executive Director will lead the JLSL staff and champion the vision, mission, values and goals of the organization in partnership with the President and Board of Directors. Understanding community growth trends and opportunities for authentic community connection is considered vital.
Company Bio: Junior League of St. Louis
Founded in 1914, we are a diverse group of women who are proud to have served the St. Louis community for more than 107 years. The Junior League of St. Louis (JLSL) is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Our purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Junior League welcomes all women who value our Mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations and communities.
• Program operations, strategy and membership support (30%)
• Fund Development, both internal and external (30%)
• Membership Engagement (30%)
• Organization Operations (10%)
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree required, with Master’s degree in Business, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Work, or Nonprofit Management strongly preferred.
• Transparent, collaborative, professional and high integrity leadership
• Ability to manage, cultivate and grow talent within the organization
• Ability to navigate at both a strategic and tactical level – engaging the approach best suited for the situation or task at hand
• Strong attention to detail and a fundamental concern for the accuracy of information, including the and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong relationship-building and communication skills with staff and members at all levels
• Ability to demonstrate strong to expert level financial acumen with solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of JLSL’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers and donors
• Experience creating and executing successful fundraising strategies of greater than $100k annually, including experience facilitating donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee, develop and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft office tools, with Office 365, Google, and video conferencing tools.
• Experience utilizing fundraising platforms, website management, social media, Customer Resource Management (CRM) and other software, as needed
What We Offer
• Competitive salary and vacation/PTO
• Health insurance monthly stipend
• Passionate, mission-driven colleagues and members
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- « Previous Job: Administrative Assistant II, Center for Diversity and Inclusion
- » Next Job: Director of Development