Employee Benefits Specialist, Health Plans MTM Inc.
The Employee Benefits Specialist, Health Plans is responsible for administration of the medical, pharmacy, stop-loss, dental, vision, Cobra, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA), and Wellness programs for all eligible employees. They will be the primary contact for employees and act as the liaison between the company, union plans, benefit vendors, trustees and agencies regarding benefit plan issues. They will ensure compliance with all aspects of Healthcare Reform as well as state and federal regulations and ensure all annual benefit filings are completed timely and accurately.
Company Bio: MTM Inc.
MTM and MTM Transit are healthcare and transportation management companies whose mission is to collaborate with clients in developing innovative solutions for accessing healthcare, increasing independence, and connecting community resources in the most cost-effective manner. As the nation's most trusted partners in removing community barriers, we prioritize the wellbeing of the communities we serve through philanthropy. Nationwide, our diverse employee base is always willing to give back and contribute. As a Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (WBE) certified by the Women's Business Enterprise National Council, we are committed to maintaining and empowering a diverse workforce.
Simply put, we are passionate about what we do and it shows. MTM has been recognized with numerous awards and accolades, including Mogul's Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion (2017). The St. Louis Business Journal Healthiest Employers (2020), Best Places to Work (2019), Fastest-Growing Private Companies (2017), Top Family-Owned Business (2016) and Top Five Largest Women-Owned Business (2020)
- Provide administration of plans including but not limited to reconciling invoices and ensuring prompt payment to benefit vendors; tracking monthly enrollment; assisting employees with benefit questions and issues and Wellness Program initiatives.
- Act as liaison with vendors for assigned plans, responsible for communicating with 3rd parties when issues or questions arise, responding to requests from agencies regarding benefit enrollments, eligibility, etc.
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of Healthcare Reform. Respond to all requests by agencies such as Medicare, marketplace appeals, etc.
- Ensure all Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSO) are entered and followed.
- Maintain compliance with State and Federal regulations for assigned plans, such as the DOL and ERISA requirements. Distributing required documents to employees in a timely manner.
- Ensure annual benefit filings are completed timely and accurately. Assist with completion of 1095 and 1094 filings. Provide required information to Broker for completion of annual 5500 filings.
- Create employee communications, including monthly benefit newsletter.
- Assist with testing of plans in Workday as directed.
- Backup the other team members during periods of absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
All you need is...
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) in a related field
- 3+ years working in the area of Benefit Administration
- 2+ years experience working in an HRIS system, preferably Workday
- Intermediate level of proficiency or above with Microsoft Office and HRIS, preferably Workday
- Experience communicating with external vendors and agencies
- Experience in an office setting and working from home
- Experience in working in an HR setting, handling confidential/sensitive information
- Experience in communicating and leading meetings with all levels of employees
Even better if you have...
- Proven competency in administering health plans. Understanding health plan terminology.
- Advanced level of knowledge of laws relating to benefits, HIPAA, ERISA, PPACA, etc.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees and explain complex benefit details with ease.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Exemplary organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, shift priorities and deliver timely results
- Adaptable to change
- Detail-oriented and thorough
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- Health and Life Insurance Plans
- Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) with a company match
- Flexible Scheduling
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Birthday Holiday
- Casual Dress Environment
- Tuition Reimbursement
- MTM Perks Discount Program
- Milestone Anniversary One Month Sabbatical
- Leadership Mentoring Opportunities
Equal Opportunity Employer: MTM is an equal opportunity employer. MTM considers qualified candidates with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, State, and Federal law. If you are in need of accommodations, please contact People & Culture at (636) 561-5686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.