Ecommerce Merchandiser Dot Foods
Location: St. Louis, MO or Remote
Department: Digital Commerce
Reports To: Product Manager – Digital Commerce
Your Role: Dot Foods operates a B2B ecommerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. The Ecommerce Merchandiser serves as our lead for delivering website user experiences that drive product discovery and conversion. If details matter to you, if fast-paced and complex work excites you, if you want to help build the site that food professionals use to discover the products they use, let’s talk.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- Competitive benefits
- Flexible work environment, with telecommuting options
- Significant advancement opportunities
- Use analytics, user feedback and industry best practices to drive excellent search experiences for users through product content and search tool configuration
- Effectively merchandise assigned categories based on business value, user feedback and potential sales
- Establish/maintain landing pages for distributor segments (grocery, foodservice, convenience etc.) and operator/retailer segments (fine-dining, bar/tavern, fast-casual, convenience store, grocery, etc.)
- Establish/maintain landing pages for new, featured, promotional and other categories as assigned
- Collaborate with corporate branding and digital marketing teams to present consistent, effective brand experiences for users
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel to internal and industry events. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train
Qualifications / Requirements
- Project planning/management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable Dot experience
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
- A focus on eliminating waste in all areas of the business
We’d Like You To Have:
- Ecommerce merchandising/category management experience, especially in search and conversion optimization.
- Experience with PIM, CMS, ecommerce catalog and machine-learning-enabled search tools.
- Google Analytics certification
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.