Ecommerce Merchandiser Dot Foods
Location: St. Louis, MO
Department: Dot Expressway
Reports To: Product Manager – Digital Commerce
Your Role: The Dot Expressway is a B2B ecommerce site that connects thousands of food industry buyers and manufacturers each day. With constant focus on user experience, the Ecommerce Merchandiser serves as our business lead for product categories – how we organize them, which items are assigned to them, and how we display them on the Expressway. This includes prioritizing categories for merchandising based on business need, user feedback or potential sales; delivering key experiences within the category for user personas; collaborating with Sales, Business Development and Master Data to effectively organize item categories and sub-categories; position categories within our digital experience and benchmark our approach to merchandising against ecommerce peers and leaders.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for over 55 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Competitive benefits
• Flexible work environment, with telecommuting options
• Significant advancement opportunities
• Research, establish and maintain assigned item category/sub-category taxonomy
• Drive excellent search experiences for users through product content and search tool configuration
• Effectively merchandise assigned categories on the Dot Expressway
• Establish/maintain landing pages for distributor segments (grocery, foodservice, convenience etc) and operator/retailer segments (fine-dining, bar/tavern, fast-casual, etc.)
• Establish/maintain landing pages for new, featured, promotional and other categories as assigned
• Collaborate with corporate branding and digital marketing teams to present consistent, effective brand experience for users
• Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
• Travel – Occasional overnight travel to internal and industry events. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree or comparable Dot experience
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs
• A focus on eliminating waste in all areas of the business
We’d Like You To Have:
• Food/Grocery/Restaurant industry, CPG industry or Dot Foods experience
• Ecommerce merchandising/category management experience, especially in search and conversion optimization
• Google Analytics certification
• Project planning/management experience
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.