Director, Real Estate Caleres
We seek an innovative and experienced leader in retail real estate with a passion for building strong relationships and developing real estate strategy to drive store profitability to join our Real Estate team.
We are Caleres, a global footwear company with brands that fit people’s lives. We are ferocious about fit and living our mission of inspiring people to feel good, feet first.
We seek people who:
• Manage the Caleres retail portfolio—Famous Footwear, Naturalizer, Sam Edelman & Allen Edmonds—through comprehensive market knowledge, effective site selection and robust asset management
• Deliver effective and comprehensive market analysis, ensuring new store opportunities are identified, tracked and support growth and business objectives
• Develop strategic partnerships and share current real estate market conditions and competitive trends with brokers, developers and corporate stakeholders
• Demonstrate effective communication and partnering skills to lead projects through our internal construction, research, legal and finance teams
• Negotiate deal terms and maintain proper documentation in collaboration with our legal partners
Qualifications / Requirements
We seek people with these qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Accounting, Finance or Business; MBA preferred
• 5+ years experience in real estate, retail operations, finance, lease administration or market research
• Comprehensive knowledge of retail real estate
• Exceptional negotiation, collaboration and relationship-building skills
• Demonstrated experience leading high-performing teams
• Ability to travel (50%)
But most of all, we seek people who share our values and our ferocity for fit.
People passionate about their work. People who hold themselves and others accountable. People who think a $2.6 billion company should be as creative as a start-up. People driven by an insatiable curiosity. People who care about being the best, among the best.
People who believe remarkable things are possible and will not stop striving for them.