Director of Benefits & Compensation Drury Hotels
Property: St. Louis Corporate
City: Creve Coeur
Successful applicants should be ready to provide input and make an impact while learning the Drury product and culture quickly, all while maintaining the industry leading service scores – a record THIRTEEN-IN-A-ROW J.D.Power Awards (https://www.druryhotels.com/about/pressreleases/jdpower2018).
The Director of Benefits & Compensation will lead the strategic planning, development, enhancement, administration, compliance and communication of all aspects of the health, welfare and compensation plans at Drury Hotels Company, LLC. This includes being the subject matter expert in leading a team to develop and administer competitive, cost-effective programs that are culturally aligned to allow the company to attract, engage and retain top talent. This position reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer and is part of the HR leadership team.
Company Bio: Drury Hotels
Drury Hotels, a privately owned corporation, has consistently demonstrated a record of conservative and stable growth. Drury Hotels has been a part of the hospitality industry for over 45 years, and has continually retooled its product to make it ever contemporary and responsive to guests' needs and wishes. Drury has continued to stick with the basics that helped the company grow from a small plastering business in the bootheel of Missouri to a successful, growing system of 150 hotels in 25 states. The exceptionally friendly and hardworking team members at every Drury Hotel share the same simple virtues that the brothers learned on the family farm and adapted to the road...You are our guest, you are welcome and your satisfaction is guaranteed!
- Lead the benefits and compensation teams to effectively design, implement and manage the strategy, philosophy, programs, policies and initiatives while maintaining cost, quality, service and process controls.
- Lead the development of cost-effective health, welfare and wellness plan design that is competitive in the market.
- Direct the design, implementation and administration of all compensation programs including salary structure development, incentive programs and the 401(k) employee savings plan while ensuring the programs are aligned with the overall business goals and objectives of the company.
- Direct the preparation and timely distribution of various plan documents that govern the operation of our health and welfare benefit plans.
- Collaborate with other company leaders to develop and execute compensation solutions to meet the needs of daily operations and unique business situations.
- Monitor competitive trends in the industry and complete benchmarks for comparisons.
- Prepare executive level presentations, materials and technical analyses and provide recommendations for plan enhancements.
- Supervise, coach and develop a team of benefit and compensation professionals. Motivate team members, review and assess performance, develop and build team member skills and support their professional development.
- Work with the benefit and compensation teams to educate all team members on the company’s benefit and compensation programs.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships built on credibility and trust with leaders across the company.
- Manage the budget for benefits and compensation.
- Partner with Accounting during the budget process and throughout the year regarding benefits and labor costs.
- Ensure the company is in compliance with Federal and State regulations regarding the administration of benefit and compensation programs.
- Serve as a fiduciary to protect the interests of the plans and beneficiaries, assuring fair and equitable treatment of claims appeals and protection of privacy.
- Negotiate with service providers, insurance carriers and third-party administrators to obtain desired products and services at the most favorable possible price.
- Assure that proper financial and claims administrator audits are performed regularly.
- Have a +1 Service attitude and provides courteous, friendly service to internal team members and customers by promptly and efficiently responding to inquiries, requests and concerns.
- Support the Chief Human Resources Officer by participating in planning, research and design of various HR programs, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
General Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Superior intellect with a combination of business acumen, analytical skills, conceptual ability and judgment.
- Enthusiastic; a capacity to overcome barriers and make impactful change. Strong drive, work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Must be creative and innovative in thought and actions and possess a willingness to roll-up the sleeves routinely.
- Must have strong project management and communication skills.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Work a minimum of 45 hours per week with occasional travel.
- Bachelor’s degree; Masters degree and/or advanced certification preferred.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and extensive experience (10+ years) directing benefit and compensation programs including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short and Long Term Disability, Employee Assistance Programs, Flexible Spending Accounts, Family Medical Leave Act, 401(k), base pay, incentive pay, equity pay, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable about Federal and State Laws and Regulations governing such plans.
- Must be able to handle confidential information regarding individual salaries and personnel data in a highly professional and ethical manner.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Reading, analyzing and interpreting written and oral communications; analyzing and solving problems; using math and mathematical reasoning; observing and interpreting situations; learn and apply new information or skills; positively interacting with internal team members and external vendors/clients/customers.
Sitting, standing, stretching, bending, typing and lifting objects weighing less than 10 pounds above the shoulders, below the knees or at arm’s length may occur.
- Reports to the Senior Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Supervises the Manager of Compensation and the Manager of Benefits.
- Supports and serves all team members throughout the company.
- Maintains and promotes a positive and cooperative working relationship with all team members.
Nearest Major Market: St Louis
Job Segment: HR, Compensation, Equity, Human Resources, Finance