Design Manager COCA
Reports to: Director of Marketing
FLSA Status: Exempt
Direct Reports: None
As a member of the Marketing Department, the Design Manager is primarily responsible for production, from concept to delivery, of a wide variety of print and digital marketing materials. The Design Manager is a vital part of the Marketing Department and COCA as a whole, providing necessary materials to further COCA’s programs and brand.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Print/Digital Production & Direct Mail
- Create and maintain an annual publication schedule that establishes production timelines and deadlines for print and digital pieces.
- Maintain outside print/production vendor relationships, obtain bids, prepare files for print, and schedule printing/production to meet deadlines and budget goals.
- Manage relationships with mail houses, coordinate targeted mailing lists and track results/conversion rates for direct mail efforts.
Layout & Graphic Design
- Use existing COCA templates to collaborate with internal clients on the creative direction, concept, design and production of a variety of print and digital pieces including program guides, brochures, advertisements, direct mail, promotional items, flyers, website graphics, newsletters, presentations, annual reports, e-blasts and other materials as required.
- Develop standard templates and forms for the organization, as needed.
- Create images and layouts for email marketing efforts in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Coordinator.
- Create promotional videos/slideshows from existing footage and photography.
- Serve as photographer at various events, and manage all visual assets
- Maintain and archive design-related files
- Other administrative duties as assigned by the Director of Marketing
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Three to five years’ of design experience required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or Communications required.
- Exceptional project and time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and regularly multitask
- Proven knowledge of print production and graphic design techniques and standards
- Extensive experience with InDesign and the entire Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven ability to work independently and with a team
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to walk, stand, bend, kneel, stoop, communicate, reach and manipulate objects.
- The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 10 pounds on a regular basis such as files, books, office equipment, etc., and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity and coordination are required while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
- This position may require nights and weekends working.
COCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact email@example.com.
- « Previous Job: Bilingual Customer Care Associate $500 Sign-On Bonus
- » Next Job: Manager of Philanthropic Engagement