Demand Planner Dot Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL or Chesterfield, MO
Reports To: Director of Demand Planning
Your Role: Responsible for working with customers and suppliers to anticipate timing and fluctuations in demand. You will use this information to adjust Dot inventory to provide better outbound fill rates to our customers, reduce obsolete and better utilize assets.
Company Bio: Dot Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company since 1960, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture within the business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
- A friendly working environment
- Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
- Significant advancement opportunities
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
- Gather, interpret and validate forecasting data from customers and suppliers in order to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Work with key internal and external stakeholders across all channels to support new or unusual business, promotions, spikes and declines in demand.
- Develop and monitor the Demand Forecast
- Continually identify and implement ways to improve service level performance and minimize obsolete exposure.
- Identify process improvements and create process designs for demand planning functions.
- Work cross-functionally (Sales, Business Development, Replenishment) to improve forecasts and ensure seamless execution.
- Apply lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Minimal overnight travel for company meetings, trainings, and project responsibilities. Must have ability to travel independently as needed, without restriction by all modes of transportation, including car, plane, or train.
Qualifications / Requirements
We Need You To Have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Dot Foods experience.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong organizational skills, including planning and follow-up.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills
We’d Like You To Have:
- Experience in demand planning
- Customer Service and/or Sales Experience
- Experience in the Food Industry.
- Experience with Dot Expressway and ability to research products and run reports.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or state law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.