Dealer Services Relationship Manager Commerce Bank
Reporting to the Dealer Services Manager, the Dealer Services Relationship Manager’s (DSRM) primary responsibility is to prospect and close new commercial floor plan lines of credit and commercial real estate relationships with franchised dealers (auto, truck, trailer, RV, powersports, etc.) in accordance with the bank’s credit policy. Product offerings include new and used floorplan lines of credit, term loan financing (real estate/construction), DDA / Treasury products, Merchant Services, 401k & Employee Benefits services as well as Private Banking and Trust services.
- Prioritize and manage the "pipeline" of opportunities, and formulate and execute appropriate sales strategies.
- Manage ongoing activity with existing commercial dealer relationships, and coordinate the preparation of loan packages and renewals which are presented to Executive Loan Committee for review and a decision.
- Collaborate with other Bank Officers to capitalize on existing dealership relationships that have been booked in other areas of the bank (Merchant, Treasury, Trust, etc.).
- Collaborate with officers in these other areas of the bank to sell as many of the bank’s services as possible, meeting the customer’s financial needs in a holistic fashion.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Qualifications / Requirements
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required
- Ability to accurately review and opine on the strength/weaknesses of the client's Income Statement and Balance Sheet reporting with emphasis on cash flow and liquidity
- Can shrewdly assess the current and historical financial condition of a company by analyzing ratios, the asset conversion cycle, and cash flow and can identify all the critical elements for loan structuring
- Understands clients’ business strategies and their needs
- Expertly applies sound accounting principles and analyzing credit
- Utilizes relevant technology, tools and resources to maximize the financial management of the business
- Brings in partners at the appropriate time to support a sales opportunity
- Knows where to find industry information and uses the data to effectively pre-call plan
- Leverages an in-depth knowledge of the customer's/client's business to uncover needs to deliver the appropriate bank solution
- Existing knowledge of the market preferred
- Demonstrates flexibility and openness to new ideas and to change; adapts to changing environments, situations, and job responsibilities preferred
- Capitalizes on unexpected events or circumstances and turns them into sales opportunities
- Identifies and openly shares cross-selling opportunities with partners; influences internal partners/contacts to refer business
- Motivated and organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Inquisitive, agile and strong team player with excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to remain adaptable and resilient to all situations with an optimistic outlook and cast a positive shadow that is aligned with our culture and Core Values
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree required, with a major in Accounting or Finance preferred, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 5+ years of broad based sales experience within Commercial Dealership Sales (Floor Plan, Real Estate or Treasury Loans, etc.) or Sales Experience within the Dealer Captive Market again focusing on the commercial market
For this position, Commerce Bank will review your motor vehicle driving record. If you express interest in and are considered for this position, you’ll be asked to authorize our review of that record, maintain a valid driver’s license, and meet Commerce Bank’s driving record criteria; ongoing employment may be contingent upon meeting all driving requirements.