Credit Representative Commerce Bank
Job Category: Grade 05
Location: 8000 Forsyth, St. Louis, Missouri 63105
The Credit Representative is responsible for weekly and monthly system maintenance updates, logging, uploading and spreading financial statements and special projects as assigned. Senior management uses spreads during annual reviews of credit relationships, reaffirming loans due for renewal and for approving new loans.
This position reports to the St. Louis Credit Supervisor and works directly with Commercial Banking Relationship Managers. Th is position provides an opportunity to apply knowledge from early level college accounting and finance courses in a professional setting. It also provides an opportunity to familiarize with Commercial Banking through day -to- day interactions with internal business partners, weekly team meetings and speakers on various to pics related to different areas of Commerce Bank. We will support the Credit Representative I with the tools and resources needed to reach new milestones.
Training is conducted for the first 2-3 weeks. Performance feedback happens through regular one-on-one meetings with supervisor as well as on an ad-hoc basis.
• Entering financial statements into bank systems
• Logging and uploading supporting documents
• Perform other duties as assigned & special projects
• Weekly and Monthly system maintenance
Qualifications / Requirements
• Familiarity of basic financial concepts
• Understanding of financial statements
• Organized self-starter with strong attention to detail and the ability to manage many priorities
• Inquisitive team player with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to adapt to all situations with an optimistic outlook and align with our culture and Core Values
• Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma and at least 3 hours of Accounting completed, with a preference for candidates who obtained at least Sophomore or Junior level of a Business related degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required