Corporate Account Manager – Grocery Channel DOT Foods
Location: Mt. Sterling, IL; Chesterfield, MO; or remote
Reports To: Director of Grocery Sales
Your Role: You will call on key grocery customers, including major supermarket wholesalers and major self- distributing chains to proactively manage and increase growth. In addition to managing existing customers, you will also establish new business relationships and play a major role in penetrating the grocery broker organizations.
Company Bio: DOT Foods
As a family-owned and -operated company for the past 58 years, Dot Foods has created a strong family culture
within our business. As a vital part of that family unit, we want to ensure you feel included and respected for any
differing ideas. We appreciate those opinions and count on them to make us successful. In addition to an
inclusive working environment, we will provide you with:
• Family ownership that values employees and has a history of success
• Highly competitive compensation and benefits package
• Significant advancement opportunities
- Conduct headquarter calls to facilitate growth with accounts not already familiar with Dot or redistribution.
- Work with manufacturers and brokers in the supermarket industry to expose them to the value of our program and improve communication.
- Work closely with multiple departments and management teams, both internal and external.
- Work with assigned customers to adhere to Dot’s customer policies, resolve various supply chain issues, and process customer deductions.
- Applies lean thinking and tools to identify and eliminate waste in all areas of the position.
- Travel – Occasional overnight travel required (6-10 nights per month) for industry meetings and trainings. Ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for customer/vendor calls, training or meetings.
Qualifications / Requirements
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent Dot experience
- Minimum of two years’ successful sales experience
- Demonstrated aptitude in computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective verbal and written communications skills
We'd like you to have:
- Business or marketing degree preferred
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to impact and influence customers at the senior management level
- Ability to resolve complex supply chain problems
Safety: This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work locations, exercise and promotes safe behaviors and show unyielding support of programs, rules and policies regarding safety.
EOE/AA Employer: Dot believes all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities. Dot will not discriminate against its employees or applicants for employment because of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or other basic classes protected by applicable federal or provincial law provided they are qualified for employment or for existing positions.